On my day off my manager calls me up to talk to me about a "problem" he had with me leaving early.I've discussed and reminded him many times that my vehicle was in the shop and I had to be picked up at a certain time or I'd be here till 2.5 hours after the *** store closes before my ride can get me again.

He proceeded to talk to me like a child, I'm already making less than new hires and doing more than my fair share of the work and he pulls this ***. Oh and I was on the phone with my dying father at the time also and when I told him he said he can wait.

I should have hung up right then but since I need to keep this job till I start the airforce ill grin and bear it.Rest assured ill be transferring out of there to a closer one

Had an Experience with Publix?

Comments

I don't believe I'm reading all this stuff Jenkins wanted employees to have a say in the company don't give the right management team staff can leave with out saying goodbye and leave on time that what you're schedule is for I don't want to stay extra 30because they can't find someone to Relieve me that what oasis is for then people get mad because there break are late

No wonder work place at publix is bad it none of management team business what going on person life they should only call when shift can be coverage that it it call Harassment they should be sued for that if you stick up for yourself and they making waves tell them to get a shrink and anger management class And get a lawyer forIllegal fired you get lost money

Germantown, Maryland, United States #826477

I never answer calls from my employer. That's what voice mail is for. If they need to talk to me they can do it while I'm on the clock.

I like how you think you can act like a child, yet when you get treated like a child you complain.It is not his fault that you don't have a ride until 2.5 hours after your shift.

You cannot just come and go as you please, you have to leave when they want you to. Since you did not understand this when he talked you man to man he had to use small words and talk to you as if you are a child.

I seriously doubt you are doing more than your share of work if you have a habit of leaving early.

plumabird

If the child that wrote this review left early they are obviously like 9 or something.Besides the person you addressed is different than the person posting the review.

plumabird
Other Location, New York, United States #716115

Mr. Oldtimer.

Obviously you have been with the company for awhile, so I'm inclined to agree with you vs someone that doesn't know what goes on behind the food counter.

nikalseyn says you should go into the Marines and grow up? I thought the maximum age is 29. I gather from your post that you are probably older than that so you can't enlist.

You have a right to vent. You don't have to wave the flag and say everything is warm and fuzzy. I doubt if you make near the money nikalseyn does. I'm not sure why nikalseyn thinks the Air Force would be a bad thing. All branches of the military should be respectful of our country and each other.

PUBLIX MANAGERS, NOT ALL, BUT A LOT OF THEM DO NOT CARE FOR THEIR EMPLOYEES.A LOT OF IT COMES FROM CORPORATE.

GEORGE JENKINS PHILOSOPHY WAS "TAKE CARE OF YOUR EMPLOYEES, AND THEY WILL TAKE CARE OF YOU". HOW MANY PUBLIX WORKERS SHOP AT COMPETITORS? YOU GO INTO PUBLIX YOU CAN SEE THAT THE WORKERS ARE NOT HAPPY. THEY ARE TRYING TO GET RID OF THE OLD TIMERS BY CUTTING BACK HOURS, NOT RAISING THE STOCK PRICE AND MAKING THEIR JOBS MORE DIFFICULT.

THIS WAY, THE OLD TIMERS WILL NOT GET WHAT THEY HAVE WORKED SO HARD FOR. PUBLIX TRIES TO MAKE A NAME FOR THEMSELVES DONATING TO MARCH OF DIMES,UNITED WAY,WHICH BY THE WAY ONLY 10% GOES TO THE CHARITY (WOW)90% IS FOR THEMSELVES.

YOU CAN GOOGLE THIS AND SHOULD GOOGLE THIS BECAUSE IT IS AN EYE OPENER.PUBLIX HAS STARTED TAKING LESSONS FROMW WALMART ON HOW TO MAKE THEIR EMPLOYEES MISERABLE AND UNFAIRLY.

to OLDTIMER #802150

Actually, on the whole, Publix takes care of its associates very well.The quote is "First, take care of your customers.

Second, take care of your associates. They in turn will take care of your customers." Will there be cases of poor treatment? Of course, it's a very large company. Statistically speaking, its unavoidable.

It's internal policies are about being fair, consistent, and erring on the side of the associate. There are many associates out there that should have been let go years ago, but Publix always gives you another chance. (PS: Not raising the stock price?

Publix's stock is evaluated based on the industry's performance by an independent evaluator...)

nikalseyn
Columbia, Kentucky, United States #713740

It sounds like you didn't bother to clear your early departure with your boss and just up and left work.If so, you are irresponsible and I would have terminated your employment immediately.

Time to grow up and take responsibility. You said something about the Air Force.

What you really need is to go into the Marines, tho you probably would not qualify for an organisation that requires hard work and dedication.:cry

to nikalseyn #719699

Um, it's organization.It's spelled with a "Z" not an "S".

And, the word is "THOUGH", not "tho", you ignorant buffoon.

If you are going belittle someone for ranting about a job, you probably need to turn on your spell checker, a dictionary, or find the only library in Kentucky (because we know there is only one in the whole state) and search how to spell the words properly.Because, seriously, you sound like an arrogant, unintelligent, ***.

to What Zit Tooya #745465

"Organization" and "organisation" are both correct spellings of the word. Who needs the dictionary again?