Tampa, Florida

I'm a Publix cashier. I'm 16 years old.

I'm human and I wish people would take the time to analyze and understand that. Being human, I have good and bad days. On a bad day, the last thing that I want is someone expecting me to be a robot. I don't put prices on the shelf, so don't yell at me because something came up at a different price.

Also, I live in Fl. Summer days are usually 92-95 degrees.

Please stop leaving garbage in the karts. The last thing that I want to do is become someone's trash man in the scorching sun.

Product or Service Mentioned: Publix Cashier.

Comments

hollins1

If the job is to much for you quite.So you attend school,And you have a hard day at school.Maybe working and Going to school is to much for you.As far as the heat.Everyone has a heat wave of some type.You are young.Suck it up and Get the job done or Just give it up.This is so simple.Sound's like you do not like your job anyway's.

Welcome to the real world! People nowadays are *** and *** so, you either have to suck it up or deal with it, especially when working in a retail environment. This is exactly what it's like if you don't go get an education nowadays and land a REAL job.

"If the price rings up different than the shelf tag or ad sign, don't they get it for free"

Are you talking about Trevor's story. If you read it correctly the parent switched the price tag. It does not work if the customer switches the tag, it only works if the store made an error. It does not work when the customer switches the tags which probably happens most of the time.

Anonymous you can be in just as much danger crossing the street as you can be in the parking lot some people drive badly.

Yesterday, i was getting karts, walking across the street, minding my business & this customer comes FLYING through the parking lot like i'm no one and can't be hurt. In the customer's eye, I am no one.

We get no respect. I like my job, but majority of the time, it feels like it's not worth it.

I love Publix as a company, but rules need to be set about how employees are treated. That is all.

If the price rings up different than the shelf tag or ad sign, don't they get it for free? (the publix promise?) As a cashier, you are the face of the company for that customer. Its normal to have bad days (trust me, I have more bad than good!) but in your position, your bad day might result in leaving a bad taste in his or her mouth and us losing a customer...

Unfortunately, working with the public has its good and bad days. Some customers will actually say "please and thank you" while others grunt and point expecting you to be a mind reader. I know it's difficult at the best of times, but these are the pitfalls of working with the public

Complaining sometimes helps.

Sorry, I don't mean to complain, it's just annoying when I see sites like this where people are complaining about everything from customer service to floral. The majority of Cashiers and baggers at my store are in school (high school and college).

Treat us with respect and understand that we've worked all day(school), only to come to work(our actual jobs). But thanks for your words.

Yeah people can be pigs what do you expect. As for mispriced items most likely the person complaining is the one who changed the tags.

I know this woman did the same in front of her seven year old daughter. When the daughter saw this and her mother arguing with the cashier the daughter told the cashier about how her mother switched the price tags and about how because of that she should be able to get not only the lower price, but a $10 discount as well for the misspriced item. She taught her daughter this illegal behaviour, the daughter thought she was helping the mother. The mother immediately tried the same scam at another store and told the daughter that if she gets into trouble she would tell the police it was the seven year old's ideas and have the seven year old arrested.

She also told the seven year old that if she did had to pay full price she would beat her when she got home.

She ended up leaving the child in the parking lot, and before that witnesses saw her hitting the child and telling the child that because she had to pay full price she would have a man pay her to do bad things to her(my guess sexually) to make up for the difference.

You are young, you can get a better job once you finish school. Until then stick with it, because complaining is not going to do a thing.