If you are ever contemplating on moving to Kissimmee FL, or live here already, do not work at the Publix on John Young Pkwy and Columbia Ave.The management is horrible.

They have your schedule changed without notifying you or just put you on there and you have to work it. They are not flexible with you, YOU have to be flexible with them or it's no hours at all. If your in college, forget it. The only excuse acceptable is family, which I'm not against.

I'm actually for that, but, most of the co workers there take advantage by claiming they have a family emergency. You usually end up seeing them at the mall the same day they have that emergency. There are levels of harassment, especially sexual ones. The co workers call you out in front of everyone and enjoy making an embarrassment out of you.

After a while you get use to it and don't care, but it's easy to lose who you really there. What's weird that I also noticed that there is a sign in the store that claims that the aim of the company is to give employees flexible opportunities or something along those lines, so I figured as a college student it's okay to be there. Hahahaha, nah. They don't care to work around your college life.

You gotta work around there's. I give my all regardless. I go out of my way to make the people satisfied even though they never are. I help my co workers and in the process, I'm told I don't work.

I've had a co worker punch me in the stomach and a "playful act" and told that I need to work harder than I already do. There are high levels of bullying around this store. I cope with it, but then I come home only to take it out on the ones I love. I don't really know how much more I can bottle it up, suck it up, and deal with it.

I do my best, but I can't help but notice that I'm losing myself and forgetting what's really important... If you don't have the personality to work at Publix, don't force yourself to be someone you aren't. You will be miserable. Just leave it to those who enjoy market/hierarchy environments.

I'm already contemplating on my next move: out the door.

Had an Experience with Publix?

Comments

Orlando, Florida, United States #822590

Those things actually go on alot. It is almost like if you are not in the clique then u get treated badly. It is not unheard of at publix.

Orlando, Florida, United States #822587

It is not the company. It is the management in that store that schedueles you like that and wont work with your school scheduele.

#819714

Talk to your HR rep, not the internet.

North Port, Florida, United States #812046

Just remember they do have business to run if you don't have an open availbility then you really want complain

LTCC
Sioux Falls, South Dakota, United States #809121

Welcome to the adult world of work.