3.8K views

I used to work at a publix in Florida and worked there for less than a year when Christmas came well when I got one of my checks they had given me a christmas bonus that didn't bother me but when they cut my hours to 0 hours for two weeks in a row I found another job and quit in Jan. about two months later I received a letter in the mail Stating I had to pay the bonus back I so I called the number and asked them why they said its because I didn't work there a full year when I got my bonus so I told me I wasn't going to pay it then about two months later I got another letter in the mail stating the same thing I told them I wasn't going to pay it again they then proceeded to tell me if I didn't pay it back it was going to go against my credit I told them that if it did I was going to get a lawyer my Question is though can they do that? they are the ones who gave the bonus out to early.

Comments

Publix is a lousy company to work for, but publix die hard will always say publix is better than Winn Dixie. Well to that I say, so what

Melbourne Beach, Florida, United States #1254938

I work for Publix for 10+ years. This is no surprise they do this to their associates all the time. They give you vacation time but if you use it and then leave before the beginning of the new year they will keep youreading final check to cover what ever they think you need to pay back and if your check isn't enough they will come after you for the rest.

Do will paid december Publix went dates do get pay..

to Anonymous Gainesville, Georgia, United States #1268949

What the *** lok

to Anonymous #1391452

Whaaaat????

Publix is a great company to work for..my fiance works at the distribution center and they have great benefits..with the economy the way it is it's great to have a job period especially one that offers a christmas bonus..my first christmas bonus was for only 6 hours bc i only worked part of that year..I'm assuming you got a similar bonus since you did not do a year either..plus if your only working part time at a regular Publix store you only get paid around minimum wage. As you get older you will realize how important a good work history and good credit is..do what you can to keep yourself in good standing so that when your older you do not have to pay for your mistakes..Merry Christmas and God bless!!

First of all Bang Bang I was not a crappy Lazy Employee I freaking worked my butt off for that Company just to be treated like *** since I didn't suck up to the managers! Publix is the type of Company that if you don't suck up you don't get nothing! You sound like you work for Publix and and suck up to get where you are at!

to FRGirl85 #1398119

I agree

Sounds like you where a crappy lazy employee ....and you clearly got the message that you sucked at your job...

read the handbook and pay it back...it can't be alot of money im sure you made minimum wage lol

to Bang Bang #1069991

Bang you sound *** u just like it there cause your *** husband works there while ur at home not doing ***