Columbia, South Carolina

I was recently in a Publix in Columbia,S.C. located on Gervais and Huger street.I noticed a strange black man about 40 5'10" heavyset following me around the store.At first I was unshure but I made two trips to opposite sides of the store and there he was.I approached him & inquired why he was following me.At first he was offended and said he was only on the phone an earpiece (bluetooth deal). Knowing this to be a lie I persisted and told him I noticed him several times in areas I had been.

At this point he turned moderately threatening and somewhat violent.. stating " come outside .. "Ill show you who I am" this was obviously a threat of violence. I am 6'4" tall and quite able to handle myself in physical altercations.I told him I did not want him following me around the store.He then again told me we could take it outside where "I would get *** up" having constantly been the target of "nepolianic" individuals all my life I knew to take a different course.I went to the front desk .. Management.

I complained to the Assistant manager who knew me and my face that a strange guy was threatening me and trying to start trouble. She informed me he was Loss Prevention or Publix undercover security. HE never once stated whom he was until this time.and then began the real ordeal.

He either did or acted like he was calling the police upon me. Saying to management that "I" had threatened him , that HE HAD identified himself to me , and I was acting unrully. Getting the managers number from the assistant manager and making my purchase ( my dinner) I exited the store responding to this individual (who was still threatening me with police action)that I would be in touch with my attorney. At which time I left the premisses OF MY OWN ACCORD

This employee beyond fROm being completely rude addamant about giving faLSE ACUSATIONS AND STATEMENTS AND A COMPLETE DISREGUARD FOR PROFESSIONALISM, SHOULD BE LET GO . NO GOOD CAN COME FROM HIM . HE SHOULD BE FIRED NOT FOR THE PORTION OF THIS STORY IN WHICH HE WAS ATTEMPTING TO DO HIS JOB..]]], IT SHOULD BE FOR GIVING FALSEHOOD AND LIES

Comments

AmbiguousMarineToad

Publix loss prevention is a joke. To many ex-kmart clowns.

#1198848

Most Loss Prevention people are uneducated.

#1198787

Publix Loss Prevention is well trained. Your story makes no sense.

I can give you some inside info. If he was following you persistently it is because you concealed an item, or your face was captured on camera previously during a theft. Most of the time LPOs are briefed with sets of pictures of frequent shoplifters.

On top of it all.

He is an employee and can go anywhere in the store. Since you were the aggressor in confronting him technically you're at fault.

@Anonymous

Another LP know-it-all with no first hand knowledge of a single fact.

platius

EEK one word "sue " I have to clean these computer keys . '

platius

on word :SUE "

Publix Loss Prevention is run by a handful of *** and is more Mickey Mouse than Disneyland.

I would think that if someone expects to be taken seriously when

voicing a complaint or concern, they would learn how to spell and

how to write a letter without looking like a ***.

@anonymous

....says the part time school marm......

nikalseyn

You should have done a couple of things: 1. called 911 and told them you were being threatened with physical harm and 2.

gotten management involved.

If the store manager was uncooperative, have him call the regional manager. Or, are we missing something here?