Miami, Florida
1.2K views 28 comments

Hello all,

I already posted my thoughts about Publix's scam many months ago. I have seen people making comments about my thoughts saying "why don't you work for publix and change the tags" or "that is not true, you are making this up" etc.

First of all, I do not make things up. Today (2 hours ago) it happened again! Publix put 3 for 9 (frozen food). I paid for the items, and when I checked the receipt, IT HAPPENED AGAIN!!! I am telling you guys, and you do not want to believe.Why? Because nobody checks their receipt. I went to customer service, spoke to a young guy, showed my receipt, and got the item for free and refund. (the guy i spoke was a cool kid, he also said "yes it happens all the time, but people don't notice it, because nobody looks at their receipt")

So, long story short: stop being ignorant, look at your receipt and see how much you were charged in reality! i took pictures for those ignorant guys who are making comments saying "it is not true"! yes it is true! look at the pictures.

PRODUCT OR SERVICE Not specified
Reason of Review / Monetary Loss Not specified / $10
Preferred solution Not specified

Had an Experience with Publix?

Comments

Buford, Georgia, United States #1196136

It's not a scam, sometimes items ring up wrong. That is why Publix has The Publix Promise.

mikethephotographer

Hmm...

Man, I gotta say...if you get ripped off somewhere, you go back and get ripped off again...

then um.... why would you go back expecting anything else? Plus, you take pictures of your receipts to prove you went back AGAIN?

One of the commenters here asked why people were so mean and aren't willing to help. Well, here I am, ready to help.

My recommendation is:

Don't go back.

2. Quit eating food either hippies like or someone with no taste buds would force down. I mean, who eats Lemongrass Coconut chicken from Kashi? Ok, that's your decision and you paid for it.

Wait... no you didn't. You got it for free because you complained to customer service. 3.

If you can't help yourself and feel compelled to go to Publix (and I am sure the staff just loves to see you coming), then a good way to make sure you don't get "ripped off" is to pay attention when the clerk is ringing it up, not when you get home, look at the receipt and go, "Whaaaaa? They did it to me again!". Stop what you're fidgeting with, watch the screen and when the sound goes "CHIRP", look at the price. Is it what you expected?

If yes, then find something else, go through the line and try getting another excuse to complain. If it is NOT the right price, use this: "Excuse me, but the price said it was (fill in the price here) but it rang up as (fill in the price you saw on the screen here)." Wait for the clerk to respond. At this...

"We know who you are. Get out of the store." 2. "No, you picked up the 16oz box. The 12oz box is on sale, but you knew that.

Good try." 3. "I'm sorry! Here, have a box of Lemongrass Coconut Chicken on us. It's a small price to pay to get you out of our store for good." In either case, problem solved.

I hope this helps you during your next rip off attempt.Please do provide more pictorial evidence of your inability to comprehend how coupons relate to purchasing choices.

workerbee

The sad thing is you believe this is a scam.Sometimes customer service just gives you the item to shut you up.

Believe me I do it all the time. You dont take the time to read the OZ or the small print. You buy the wrong type or wrong size and blame us. It's not my fault you can't follow simple instructions.

I used the same "oh sorry it didnt come off let me fix it" act just to make you leave my store.

We have so much time to deal with customers that do not how to read sales.Don't call a store incompetent because you are.

Naples, Florida, United States #622797

I know I come off as a complete and total psycho which is why I am a lonely hag and nothing better to do than search pissed consumer and trash talk the consumers that complain on this website.As you can see I am incapable of understanding the purpose of this website per my only complaint that has nothing to do with businesses but to do with my intolerance of others right to complain as consumers.

I should do you all a favor and blow off what little brains I have left.I realize I am a pathetic old hag with no one to love or care for me and that is why I feel a need to attack everyone and anyone I possibly can on this website.

to LadyScot Naples, Florida, United States #622815

Can't hold a thought of your own?Or did those my3cent *** get jealous?

Seriously, *** off.I can't stand cowards who can't even make comments under their own ID.

to LadyScot New Orleans, Louisiana, United States #626736

Everyone has figured out that LadyScot is just a liar. He throws accusations around to deflect the truth off of himself - he's a liar and uses this site to belittle those who fall for it. People, be advised - LadyScot is nothing, NOTHING but a liar!

D'oh
Overland Park, Kansas, United States #620485

So you admit to watching seeing the errors and saying nothing just to get the item for free. That makes it your fault scammer. Always want free ***

cavalerox
to D'oh Miami, Florida, United States #620738

D'oh: you are 110% right. I usually catch them while they scan the item and do the error. And sometimes I cannot catch it, but no matter what, EVEN IF I CATCH THEM , i will be quite to get it for free. Why? because Publix will take advantage of you as soon as they get the opportunity. Why would i say anything about it then? You can call me a "Fault scammer" if you would like. No problem. I wrote even a letter to the HQ of publix, and complained about their scam.

It just amazes me that so many people are just too naive, and can't see the reality. Well, it is your money, spend the way you like it.

Good night!

C.

thetruth
to cavalerox Kokomo, Indiana, United States #955418

If you are standing there and see it ring up wrong, and you say nothing, it makes you in the wrong, and in the long run you hurt yourself more as well as others because it causes prices on every item to be more expensive. You might laugh over this liitle amount, but you will pay a lot more in the long run for it

LadyScot

You never make mistakes on your job?