Palm Beach, Florida

I purchased pitted dates from Publix in Jupiter FL. I bit into the last remaining date IN THE CONTAINER and that date had a pit in it which broke my tooth when I bit into it.

I brought in evidence, sales slip, container etc and PUBLIX made ME go after the date company in California. This company has slick insurer who has the audacity to send out refusal Bill came to $1,700 for a cap that I never had before. PUBLIX WHERE IS YOUR RESPONSIBILITY?

I PURCHASED THE PRODUCT YOU SOLD AS PITTED. NOW I UNDERSTAND WHY PEOPLE HIRE ATTORNEYS!

Comments

How is Publix responsible for this?

These dates are produced for them by an outside company. They will check occasional cases at random, but they do not and cannot check every single can.

The responsibility lies with the manufacturer. Just because you are too much of an *** to understand that doesn't change that.

Consumer asked Publix associate for pitted dates. They hand the consumer a product.

The consumer uses the product and then the final date has pit in it. Tooth breaks, and pain and cost ensue. Consumer was Not asking for time, pain or suffering; just compensation for the cost of dental work. There are honest people too, who never file or look for unjust riches; however, we don't like to be taken either.

Wait till it happens to you! Good Luck to all the righteous ones.

Pay BACK may only come with Karma especially if you shop in PUBLIX. GOD BLESS to those who have never walked the walk!

I've read several Publix complaints here. Only one seems to be relevant.

The store size. The pit complaint is, in fact a complaint with the Cali company, IF there was no disclaimer on the container.

It seems to me people are just trying to get money. If you get a Lawyer involved, to go after Publix, it would be a huge waste of your money, but go for it, you're obviously rolling in it.

I have seen pay-outs for all kinds of *** in cakes and other foods. But that's THEIR stuff.

If Publix sells the stuff, then do they warrant the goods as, well, good?

Hire someone to write out the FACTS of your complaint. Get pictures, gather evidence, and seek advice from a competent attorney.

It's not the stores fault. Are you saying that the store should open every box and check it for quality control?

No, that is gross!

It is the company who packaged the dates fault. And even then I dont think the producer can be held totally liable.

Perhaps PUBLIX intentionally inserted the pit in the last date in the container, knowing that it would be the very last date you chose to consume. Or maybe you're just a frigging 1d1ot.

Remind to go into PUBLIX WITH A MIRCOSCOPE TO READ THE FINE PRINT ON PUBLIX AND THEIR POLICIES BEFORE BUYING PRODUCTS. SHOULD NOT SAY PITTED if they are not pitted.

most containers of pitted foods state: CAUTION: May contain pits or pit fragments. People need to be responsible for themselves.