New Smyrna Beach, Florida
1.1K views

Publix used to be a great company to work for a looong time ago. Publix used to operate under George Jenkins' premise that if you take care of your associates, your associates will take care of your customers.

That is no longer the operating assumption. The new paradigm is screw your employees and customers and all hail the mighty dollar. There are so many of us that want to help our customers but we're are forced to move them along to get them in and out.

Used to be proud to be a Publix associate, now I refuse to tell people where I work. Now it's just "retail."

Comments

To Mcdonough,The real truth about promotion is how you perform,(1-pull your pants down and do what your manager tells you to do,(2- and if you perform on manager make sure you swallow,(3- do not scream that is a no-no(4-and do not show and tell,(5- clean your back end with soap and water,)(don't be like a bowling ball and get fingered,and abuse then get thrown in the gutter.

Those who are complaining must not be as good of a worker then you think... Or your store is not up to par with public standards.

I have been with public 8 months. Made my full time in 4 and have gotten a 2 dollar raise since I started.

Plus i have a interveiw for GTL from my DM. So Instead of talking trash about a great company how about you voice your opinions to your superiors and stop being scared.

produceman..it took you 4 years to get on the finalist list and you are happy with a 50 cent raise? i have no doubt that you work hard but the publix i started with gave me a $1.50 raise and my inventory bonus as an assistant used to be $2,600 and then it dropped to $300 and raises beceme non existent..when i was a dept manager inventory bonus was $2,500 when i started my dept manager was getting $6,000 every quarter plus $5,000 year end..

a fifty cent raise is a kick in the nuts, this is entirely in context of what this company says it is..it used to be that and more,,it's not anymore..that's the point i am making..20 years ago store managers got $30,000 bonuses every quarter, ask them what they get now...if you work as hard as you say you do, and i'm sure you do then you deserve much more than 50 cents. i hope you make management but then you will get $10-$20 a week raise 2 times a year all while working 50-60 hours a week..when i started 10 years ago manager raises were anywhere from 50-100 dollars a week, sometimes more.

Что можете сказать о гоовых площадках типа insales ? CMS там уже есть, домен, хостниг, техподдержка да и к тому же склад, доставка товаров.

Но имеется информация, что такие площадки тяжело раскрутить. а вывести в топ почти не реально.

Но трудозатраты, время и начальный капитал меньше у таких сервисов. Чо же лучше, создавать как вы описали или на готовой площадке?

I have been there for 4 years, I am on the ROI list for management, and my last raise was 50 cents because my manager when to the store manager and said " He is a very hard worker and should get more then just a quarter" So as I said you get what your worth

Mr. produceman I would be very interested in hearing what your experience is with Publix's difference between their "point system" and their "performance" Publix is terrible with how they treat their employees and do not at all care about performance. I have 7 years and practically nothing to show for it

hey former, cant come up with your own lines? you should have lots of time to, I am guessing your out of work haveing left publix and liveing in your moms basement

I don't know why it bothers you so much produceman.Take some midol,change your tampon and get the *** over it. lmfao

But you still got on here to cry about it.

#552013

I did get over it produceman, I quit. It has been a long time since I have had such great quality of life and peace of mind.

#551905

Ok try and cry some more. Why dont you take some midol, change your tampon and get the *** over it

@produceman

produceman

dude I can see why you are on the finalist list, just from reading your comments and seeing that atrocious grammar. they love to mold people who cant think for themselves.

I really hope for your sake that you keep on with that licking the floor of management mindset.

its all about the yes men and not about who has intelligence.

I was a manager. Associates get the same raise regardless of performance.

It is disgusting, no reward or incentive for working hard and doing well because everyone gets 25¢ for a raise. It was 15¢ for a couple of years. 15¢ to someone that busts their *** is what one would expect from wal-mart or kroger. Publix is no better now.

I once got a raise of $1.50 an hour as an associate. That meant something.

You rateing is based on a point system but your raise is based on your work, so the meets expectations person just worked harder then you

A company that gives "Role Model" employees and "Meets Expectations" employees the same.25¢ raise is a great company and one that understands the value of hard work and how to be dedicated to the dignity, value and employment security of it's associates.

If you think it sucks so bad, quit. Just *** quit.

Then go over to another retail chain where they don't help you out, give you guidance, or pay you very well. Yeah, you won't have to work too hard, they have no expectations at the competition. Have you been to a Wal-Mart or a Winn Dixie? Do you see how the management expects nothing from their employees?

Do you get smiles and genuine assistance from them? Nope.

Go right ahead and work for them. You'll come running back.

Thats a load of ***, if they only worried about rushing them out there would not be carry out service. Why give a company that keeps food on your table and a roof over your head such a bad name.