Atlanta, Georgia
9.8K views 28 comments

My husband and I decided to order our Thanksgiving dinner from Publix this year- We were under the impression all we had to do was heat and serve.Well, we got quite a surprise when we read the instructions on the turkey that said "heat" for 90-120 mins before serving.Now, to me that is not heating that is cooking!!!!

In the beginning we decided to "heat" it for less time which turned out to be a big mistake because the turkey was not done.

The whole dinner was much less than we expected!!!!!!We will never order a dinner from Publix again!!!!!

Review about: Fully Cooked Dinner.

PRODUCT OR SERVICE Not specified
Reason of Review / Monetary Loss Not specified / Not specified
Preferred solution Not specified

Had an Experience with Publix?

Comments

Augusta, Georgia, United States #1243977

I don't know for the life of me how you could actually think you could heat a WHOLE turkey for less time whether cooked or not...Sounds like you need some cooking lessons dear.

Dee
North Port, Florida, United States #1083778

Do you reheat turkey @325 degrees?no time or temp.

was provided, just a pop up timer with detailed instructions on how place precisely in the right spot at the right angle for it to work properly & pop up when 140 degrees is reached. Also how long & at what temp are sides to be cooked?

We have the 10-12 lb size bird.Thanks for your help.

I have ordered Publix Thanksgiving dinner for over 10 years now.It is usually delicious and we eat leftovers for days.

I don't know who cooked the meal this year but the mashed potatoes and stuffing were inedible and we hardly ate any of the Publix mean at all. Thank goodness I made additional food! Even the turkey had a weird taste to it. The marshmallow salad was made with so much sour cream I almost threw up when I tasted it!

I am throwing out about 40.00 worth of food today!

SO disappointed in Publix this year!Hopefully, it was just this one in Live Oak.

to Anonymous #1071293

Our dinner was terrible also.. First time we tried it. Awful

We are camping so we ordered the Publix turkey dinner, followed directions and I am so glad we did not share this with anyone.I did not expect this to tast like my home cooked dinner, buf the stuffing was the texture of a thick soup.The mashed potatoes were very watery and tasteless.

I love Publix,I couldn't believe they would sell this to the public.We paid $44.00 for a pretty good 11 pound turkey.

Tomcaldmik

I do agree with you except the Turkey does have to be reheated for that length of time slowly because even though precooked, it did have to be frozen and then thawed for the consumer. All in all my experience was that this was a horrible precooked meal that needed to be reworked just to be palatable.

Hello

So much stress over fully cooked meal

Did anyone think to slice turkey and then heat slices in oven ?

We did this was so simple and less time

Just to let you know when I called Publix to order my small Thanksgiving meal they were extremely nice and they told me that it would take 9220 minutes to cook it and it looks like you made the mistake of not following the directions. I don't think that Publix Publix problem I think that was your old problem Publix extremely nice clean I love shopping at their store I can always get help when I need it try to go to Walmart and get help that's impossible

Sounds like the consumer is clearly in the wrong here.They did not follow the simple instructions.

If the prep work is too much for you, then you should make other arrangements.I LOVE the Publix holiday dinner !

You are an *** for not reading the instructions in advance and following them. I have been using Publix holiday dinners to serve my family and guests for years and have never had a negative comment.