West Des Moines, Iowa

First of all I would like to say that this complaint is not about one isolated incidence but 45 years of watching Publix go downhill. Where I grew up Publix was the only place to shop and considered to be one of the best places to work.

Now I am sure that was when George Jenkins was alive. I have noticed in the last ten years that this company has steadily gone down in customer service. I am not entirely sure of the caliber of people that it is hiring but it is not good. It appears that most people that are working for the company are not even happy to be working there anymore.

The one that I shop at the most has a manager named Crystal who is very unfriendly and does not hesitate to berate employees. Aside from Publix being much more expensive than Wal-Mart and Target, I am very grateful that they are not my only choice for grocery shopping.

I now have Fresh Market, Whole Foods, Earth fare and soon to be Sprouts and Aldi's in my town. Publix has become my last choice for shopping even if they may be the closest.

Publix Cons: Too many to list.

Comments