Hollis, New York

Well Ive work for Publix for 5 years, And havent gotten any where!! The Managers only promote who they want.

To top it all off I just transford from another store as Customer staff and tell me why Im on the Line for the past 3 months?? I keep asking Management and get the same reply:Next week Ill have you in the office. What a crock!

I asked the store manager he says we dont have the hours, SURE, Thats why someone else from the line is training in the office now and Im still on the line!!! B*** *** DONT EVER WORK FOR PUBLIX THELL ***!!!

Product or Service Mentioned: Publix Manager.

Comments

its suck soooooooo bad i work there 11 years

First Born Triplet

Your title says "Publix Sucks" perhaps you are not getting anywhere because of your attitude.

Maybe your work ethic is as bad as your spelling "transferred"

I feel ya. I know how it is.

You get nowhere working for the company.

Been there a lil longer than you had [around a decade] and just doin it. Luckily I have a CAREER that is FAR AWAY FROM PUBLIX!

Chances are, you're too impatient, lazy, or just an unlikable person. If you're not getting promoted or getting hours, it's not a problem the management has with you, it's you.

@Tommy G

TO TOMMY G, GO GET IT! BE A CHEERLEADER FOR PUBLIX, YOU ARE ONE OF THOSE *** THAT BEND OVER AND TAKE IT WAY UP THE AS-HOLE AND STILL CAN'T GET ENOUGH D-CK.

YOUR BREATH SMELLS LIKE AN OUT HOUSE ON A SHRIMP BOAT.

HOW DOES YOUR AS- FEEL? DO YOU USE KYJ ON IT OR YOU DO LIKE IT RAW?

@lick me good

3 star are f-g :grin :grin :grin :p :p :eek :eek :eek :upset :upset :upset :upset

I feel your pain. I hate my job. I'm trying so hard to find a new one.

@Anonymous

Try working at walmart hellmart shitmart,,,, publix s a great place and a great store compared to anyone else.

DITTO!

"Well Ive work for Publix for 5 years, And havent gotten any where!!The Managers only promote who they want."

well, for one, life isn't fair. if you have been working this long and you haven't got promoted, then it's time that you need to find another job, because chances are the managers probably don't like you and most likely want to get rid of you.

It doesn't really matter if you put effort in your job or not, it all comes down to favoritism. You'll get ahead very fast in that company if management like you. I've seen baggers or even higher ups *** around in the backroom. sure, it's all corrupt and all, but honestly, I don't see how complaining will solve this other than venting on it.

at the end, work is work. if you don't like working, then get an *** education, something that will make you go further in life.

----------PLANET OF THE APES-------- :grin :p :eek :zzz :( :x

This is funny. Most of the people that have complaints about Publix can't spell.

Others just hate because they weren't promoted. I worked for Publix for 3 years now and for 3 different stores. No major problems. If there was a problem I would grow a pair and talk to my managers about it.

If there was still a problem then I would have went to corporate about it. YOU ARE MAD BRO, that you couldn't stand the Publix culture.

@Adrian

A lot of people have problems with publix and my bet is that you will too. I grew these so called balls and contacted corporate myself in a long 4 page detailed letter that described my problems.

What did they do?? Called my store manager and told him to take care of it. He then told me that what I did was wrong and I should have came to him...guess what I had spoken to him and all a few weeks earlier but he did nothing. He said I made him look bad and then my career at publix was over.

Never was treated the same and I quit last month and am still waiting on my retirement check.

Corp just made a call and asked if it was all fixed and I said somewhat...never heard from them again. So when you start having problems...and you will unless you like sucking managers balls then remember these post so you can come back and complain too.

@Adrian

ADRIAN, YOU DO NOT HAVE TO GROW A PAIR!!! RIGHT TO THE POINT ALL YOU HAVE TO DO AND MAY BE ALL READY DONE IT, YOU SPREAD YOUR LEGS AND USE YOUR MOUTH TO GET HEAD OR A HEAD,,,

@Adrian

Apparently you don't realized every situation is unique. You shouldn't praise a large corporation in this day and age their new motto is SCREW everybody. Did I spell that right!

publix sucked ***. i worked as hard as i could and i was never a lazy worker.

Publix is just a store full of brown nosers and people with little to no education. Never work at publix unless you want to have your social life taken from you.

All the bosses are stuck up *** that don't care about you. They just care about their own pay.

#542011

I am sorry but I just smell a lazy worker. I have been at Publix for a year and half and went from Deli to Bagging To Cashier to CS Staff.

If you do your job and do it right...then you will be recolonized. I feel nothing for laziness.

@MR

That is complete nonsense. I worked at Publix for five years. The store allowed young employees (college students from wealthy backgrounds) to literally clock in, goof off for the rest of the day, and still get paid. Sometimes these employees would actually leave the store while on the clock. They were obviously entitled to special privileges that working class employees were not.

At the same time managers would harass a 70 year old employee (who happened to be a veteran) for coming back from lunch break a few minutes late. They did not reward competence or hard work. I specifically remember a bagger with a degree in English literature who was never even considered for any type of raise or promotion and he was a more competent and honest worker than most of the management staff (perhaps he was TOO honest for Publix). They also had many work related accidents during night shifts due to hazardous work conditions and "cutting corners" with safety.

For years I watched terrible people get promoted for exclusively social and family-related reasons. I saw hard working and capable employees constantly passed over for promotion. Due to the fact that Publix has a near monopoly in the Grocery business for many areas, they can afford to have horrible service.

You are my idol! I want to thank everyone for posting all their complaints about Publix employment.

You have reignited my fire to look for a better job and get the *** out of there. To those that stay GOOD LUCK WITH THAT! Brown nose, kiss butt, stab all of your coworkers in the back for a little favoritism and you will do fine.

Yes even the ones that are your friends. Peace Out!