Around a month ago I was overcharged for an item at publix. As this happened to me countless times, as my routine I returned the item, got my full refund and walked out of the store with the item for free. (nice policy they have). I kept stating that publix was not changing the price tags and deceiving people. Anyway, here on pissed cosumer I put my complaints a few times in the past. I decided to write a letter to publix again. The response was worse than their mistake. (I am scanning their answer)
basically they say "the item was on sale between 1/16 to 1/22 and I bought it on 1/25 and that is why I paid the regular price". if this is the case, why the heck have you not changed the price tag in the past 3 days? that means the incorrect price tag is there for 3 days, and people kept paying the incorrect price...we are not talking about a low demand item like ant poison, we are talking about cheese! tens of people buy that item because you put a big *** sign saying it is on sale... amazing how lousy this company is when it comes to pricing their items...
what sucks is that I went to the store manager and mentioned how often this happens, and he said "we change the price tags once the sale is over". Wouw, 3 days it has been, and nobody even bothered...
feel free not to believe my theory, but this is being done on purpose...
More Review Details
- Product or service
- Shopping Overcharge
- Review category
- Food Stores
You May Also Like
- "My husband went to Wawa on Limestone Rd in Wilmington to get me a Roast beef Ciabatta for dinner at work since I work 11p-7am. I get to work and..."
- "Actual size of sandwich nowhere close to online image. Don't waste your money. It's advertised as hot and toasted. It came cold and untoasted, and lacking acceptable quantity of meat...."
- "I just left the store located in King of Prussia for the second time this evening 8/25/2016!! I purchased chicken from the store. Once arriving home my wife and I..."
- "I Googled i need to change my address at the post office so then i clicked on official usps change of address form, i read through everything to make sure..."
- "I've been with ally auto financing for two years. Bought 2014 Kia Optima brand new for 300.27 a month through ally mobile app. January 11th 2017 I made my payment..."
- "908-561-8300 UPS South Plainfield, NJ I have 7 chairs taken to this store to be packed and shipped to me before Christmas and I still have not received them worst..."
- "Had knee surgery, same day after surgery got a knock on the door with a delivery of a drink cooler with a knee cuff ,literally. Look it up it..."
- "I hired sears to clean my air ducts. THey had a special, thank god because it wasn't even worth the Special! I live in Miami florida so a/c system is..."
- "It's better to spend more at El Dorado furniture or Ashley do not go to rooms to go. If you ask for leather they'll give you this. Definitely this is..."