Around a month ago I was overcharged for an item at publix. As this happened to me countless times, as my routine I returned the item, got my full refund and walked out of the store with the item for free. (nice policy they have). I kept stating that publix was not changing the price tags and deceiving people. Anyway, here on pissed cosumer I put my complaints a few times in the past. I decided to write a letter to publix again. The response was worse than their mistake. (I am scanning their answer)
basically they say "the item was on sale between 1/16 to 1/22 and I bought it on 1/25 and that is why I paid the regular price". if this is the case, why the heck have you not changed the price tag in the past 3 days? that means the incorrect price tag is there for 3 days, and people kept paying the incorrect price...we are not talking about a low demand item like ant poison, we are talking about cheese! tens of people buy that item because you put a big *** sign saying it is on sale... amazing how lousy this company is when it comes to pricing their items...
what sucks is that I went to the store manager and mentioned how often this happens, and he said "we change the price tags once the sale is over". Wouw, 3 days it has been, and nobody even bothered...
feel free not to believe my theory, but this is being done on purpose...
More Review Details
- Product or service
- Shopping Overcharge
- Review category
- Food Stores
You May Also Like
- "I recently bought a container of strawberries from our local fresh & easy. Keep in mind I'm a frequent visitor of fresh & easy and have never really had any..."
- "I volunteer at a youth center in Los Angeles.(Need I say more? They have nothing. Nothing.)I tried to buy Boo-Berry cereal that was marked down. I take 3 buses to..."
- "Not just amazing, *** amazing! Rather than going out to restaurants that served bland expensive meals, I've been exploring the ready to cook section in the meat department. Every time..."
- "I decided to join Trugreen because my backyard had lots of weeds and didn't look very good. However, my front lawn looked great and didn't need any treatment. ..."
- "I place an order for a surplice. I spoke with Juan Navarrete, I send him an email about the surplice I wanted to order. He send me a vestment form..."
- "Cruise Dates: June 25-June 30, 2016 (5 nights) Ship Name: Empress of the Seas Reservation Number 2098975 We have embarked on June 25 and issues started from the moment we have received access..."
- "I have become the victim of rascism by Kayla Dormer who is emploed at Aerotek recruting which is a recruiting firm. I met Kayla for the recruitment process and ..."
- "Horrible place to live. Harassed by management . They worry about things that they shouldn't be worrying about , they don't fix tripping hazards that you report , nor fix..."
- "I have had a terrible experience with light in the box! I paid (Oct. 12) for item with express expedited shipping (3-4 business days) (1-3 days for processing). I have..."