Lakeland, Florida

Called Southgate shopping center publix at Lakeland to see if my prescription was ready. Walked in to pharmacy pick up and one person was at pickup cashier.

As I was waiting for this person to get done picking up their prescription I set my keys and money on the counter so I could go into my pocket and get out my change and count out the exact amount of change that that it would cost. I knew the price because I asked on the phone call before going to the store. First thing the cashier said to me was are you this person's father. I had no idea what she was talking about but I said no.

She started telling me I was too close to the counter when the other person was picking up their prescription that it was their policy at that store that I stay back from the counter when another person is at the counter. I have never heard of this before at any pharmacy I have been at. There are also no signs stating this at the counter. This was the first time I ever used Publix pharmacy.

When I was there earlier that day discussing my situation about my medications I noticed this same cashier listening to my conversation with one of the pharmacy clerks. I also noticed her smiling about my lack of understanding of how the prescription process works by switching from another pharmacy.

I thought it was rude then but I did not say anything. I plan to file an official complaint with their home office the HR department.

Product or Service Mentioned: Publix Cashier.

• Pharmacy Lakeland Florida

Comments

This is standard procedure at a pharmacy. I'm honestly very surprised you didn't already know this.

It's people's private medication information being dealt with. Would you stand right behind someone while they were making a doctor's appointment? No.

It's common sense and common decency to stand back. Your complaint is ridiculous.

@Anonymous

The complaint seems to be about the disrespect of the employee not the procedure. Maybe you should read it again or maybe you just work for a pharmacy.

Some people have physical or mental disabilities that's why most of them have to pick up medications.

Do you believe they lack common sense? Maybe you should try to walk a mile in another persons shoe's for once.