Orlando, Florida

Publix is a terrible company to work for. Pay is so unfair for what their expectations are of you.

We need a Union to Represent us. Because corporate calling us "owners" is not getting us anywhere. I believe in providing great products and excellent customer service to our customers. But when will Publix start valuing their employes?

You can not pay someone 11.50 an hour an expect them to survive. Sad but true. Company keeps reporting huge net profits but pays employees minimal wages. As for incentive qtrly.

It barely pays out 150.00 to employees. A lot of garbage talk here at Publix. Show us the money and loyalty we so much deserve as your employees.

UNION UNION UNION is a great way to have representation as employees to work for us to get higher wages and better benefits.

Reason of review: Pricing issue.

Comments

At least you have a job that pays fairly in this economy. Publix is probably the fairest company in FL.

And you want to repay them by siccing a union on them. GET OUT.

I'll take that job! You complacent little ***.

@Anonymous

If that's what you think then you probably have your head in the sand, Publix makes WalMart look like a Mercedes and itself like a Chevrolet chevette.

@Anonymous

Oh everyone is lucky and should be grateful, ajob that pays well, ha ha, you probably think union workers are lazy, yea I get it, with *** holes like you around it is not worth getting a job cause people like you don't do anything and make everyone else do everything, but no its the unions fault, you probably think everyone is only worth minimum wage and taking money away from you, yea I know how people like you think, well take a good look in the mirror and see who is really complacent

The real truth about promotion is how you perform,(1-pull your pants down and do what your manager tells you to do,(2- and if you perform on manager make sure you swallow,(3- do not scream that is a no-no(4-and do not show and tell,(if you are *** do the same thing.)

The real truth about promotion is how you perform,(1-pull your pants down and do what your manager tells you to do,(2- and if you perform on manager make sure you swallow,(3- do not scream that is a no-no(4-and do not show and tell,) (5 if you are *** you have to do the samething)

I totally agree with you. If people dont do something fast they carry all the cards.

They know it and can get rid of you any way they want to. It is happening to me now! I work there now! They treat you like garbage and feel as long as they want to they can!

With a Union backing us up that would never happen i totally agree! But just try and get one in!

Had 6 yrs previous retail experience. Moved and desperately need a job, started at 8.75, now make 9.25 a year later - it's the general pay for cs employees.

Nobody can survive on this pay.

Work extremely hard, but won't advance to CSS bc I I don't have "complete open availability" bc need weekends off to work my side job, so I can survive. Seriously, where shopping is a pleasure but working is not.

See that's the thing, I work for Publix and as much as it sucks to not have full time hours or benefits, I would still work there over any of these other *** companies that start you at anywhere between 8.00 and 13.00 and you never, repeat, NEVER get a raise. Yes Publix has its faults when it comes to employees especially, they speak of it being an employee owned company but what do they have to show for it.

A bunch of snooty people who got to the top because they were the favorites. Unfortunately that's every company, not just Publix. I have been working there for 3 years as just a bakery clerk and am now at 10.50. That is with never working in retail before.

I get a raise every six months whether it's .25 or 1.00 I get something. A lot more than other companies would show.

@Anonymous

Gee it must be nice getting a .25- $1.00 raise and to work for a company that turns around and screws over the people who supplies them with tomatoes over a lousy penny, makes perfect sense to me.

IF you are making $11.50 an hour, you are really lucky because most grocery stores, retail stores, and fast food places only pay slightly more than minimum wage. All employers expect their employees to work for their wages.

@anonymous

To bad at publix the opposite is true, the lazy workers get rewarded at publix, so this person makes 11.50 an hour when the lazy workers are making 13.50 or 14.00 an hour,how come things seem to work in reverse at publix. I guess publix is definately a different company than thoseother supermarkets or retail stores and publix would be better of with a union since most of the employees are part time and get treated like *** by full timers and managers that are paid far more,its to bad publix is so *** backwards.

KevinRichards
@Anonymous

I have a feeling you are the lazy worker making 11.50 an hour and are jealous of your hard working co workerws making more money than you.

@KevinRichards

Sounds more like that's the case with you?

@anonymous

if he or she is so lucky to be making 11.50 an hour,maybe the manager should give this person a .10 cent raise for the next 4 years that publix is so famous for? and then for the 5 and 6 years a .15 cent raise that way this person will be making less than minimum wage. thats the publix way.

#1031932
@anonymous

And you are out of touch,you probably do not even know what minimum wage is?

@Anonymous

Good point, working at Publix tends to do that to people,I bet most store managers still think minimum wage is $3.35 an hour.