5.0
Layout of Store

I also more frequently than not get weevils in pasta purchased from publix. It doesn't seem to matter what brand pasta it is. I also inspect all of my dry goods immediately when I get home. I bought 4 boxes of linguini...one box was full of weevils, the other 3 were free of bugs....that is, until I went to use the other boxes a month later.

There must have been eggs in the boxes.

I also had an incident where I found glass in one of their deli subs. Took it back to the store and complained. Their resolution was to give me another free sub. Really?

I've been a Publix customer since the mid 1980's. No more. I'm done!

Reviewer is in unhappy mood. This person stated that there is a room for improvement of quality of products. Please immediately contact the author of this review to discuss problems with payment of publix deli and associated monetary loss in the amount of $15. Publix needs to offer any options to resolve the issue according to poster's claims.

Other people also mentioned publix deli in their reviews. You may find this information helpful for further shopping at Publix.

Comments

I. too , have found weevils in pasta at Publix - Twice!!!!!

Well as a baker it's pretty common for weevils to be in many gluten goods because their eggs are usually in grain before its milled and sometimes it gets through and if you have them in one thing chances are they have them in your pantry so it might be your house. Also, the Publix remaking the sub thing makes sense!

If you aren't satisfied they are willing to make another for you! If anything it just sounds like you are making petty claims.

Palm City, Florida, United States #1177227

It's the new Winn Dixie in a free fall.

Worst place I've ever worked. One manager said I tried to hurt him badly.

Never happened not even close! Come to find out they disaplined me and a year later fired him fro heavy drug use.

I came out smelling like a rose by not working there. I said no to drugs!

Leave as fast as you can.I know what you mean I no longer work or buy there products management anger problem is why glass in sandwich

LadyScot

Every grain product can contain weevil eggs. That is why you should store grain products at lower temps and avoid humidity in your home.

I keep my pasta in a dark pantry, and keep my home at a cooler temp. I also keep my flour, and meal in the refrigerator.

If you find a weevil while cooking your pasta, just scoop them out.

They will certainly not kill you. That you have never found a weevil before is astounding.