Miami, Florida

I live in South Fla where we have a lack of any grocery stores other than Publix. Unfortunately, they have all but run off all the other stores.

Since, then I have noticed a hugh difference in prices, staff, products and policies at Publix. They no longer feel the need to try as the consumers down here have very litted choice. Thank God for Super Target and Super Wal Mart. I only buy the bogo items from Publix.

I rarely every purchase meat there as the quality of meat is much better at Costco and Sams Club and cheaper. I have no loyality to Publix and try to limit my shopping there.

Comments

We live in S. FL.

Publix use to be a great store. While their selection of merchandise is good, their customer service is the poorest in the industry IMO.

In the Ft Myers/Naples area most of the employees at Publix speak Spanish. Fewer and fewer speak any English at all.

This causes problems in getting assistance, or even ordering a simple sandwich. The Publix managers here now aren't even responding to complaints in service. They just ignore you.

We have moved most of our business to Costco and Whole Foods. Essentially when we finish moving our pharmacy meds to Costco, we will be totally done with Publix.

Publix has gone down because of the way they treat their associates with such DISRESPECT! They are sooo inconsiderate of associates' well-being, it's hard for the associates to care anymore.

The higher you are, the more they expect you to work like a robot and disregard your own personal health with frowning upon little things like bathroom breaks, especially for Pharmacists. They use their benefits as an excuse to talk to associates any way they please. The Supervisors are rude, prejudice, and always have a bad attitude. God forbid you are an associate higher up and have a degree, the other managers in grocery (including some store managers) find every way they can to belittle that fact to make themselves feel relevant!

It's no one else's fault they chose to work from bagger to store manager for 10+ years, while some people chose to work hard in school to get a high degree, and they didn't. Overall, the way Publix has started to treat associates because they are a private company, needs to change!

You are spot on. I'm going to Super Target and Super Wal Mart also.

I feel sorry for the folks that work at publix and that are friendly proffesionals. It's a management issues when you allow bad employees to continue working there. It's also a employee to employee issue when a co-worker sees something wrong but choose to ignore it. Seems like friends looking after friends. . . .a social club and not a professional company. Unfortunately, it affects everyone.

Thank God as a customer I can go somewhere else even if choices are limited in South Florida.

Publix only carries Fresh Express salad greens, no longer giving that company competition with dole. Publix has changed suppliers for their bagels in the bakery dept.

and these bagels are mush. Publix in my south Florida store has cut back on staff and most of those that do exist are sullen and do not care about satisfying the customer. Too bad the deceased founder's sons are working hard to defame Publix.

At this time, they have a monopoly on supermarkets in the area....Target's prices are much higher than Publix in case you think that store is competition. Aldi is coming soon...

@Sally

I call BS. SS and background checks are req. before heiring and is even part of the app process. As for no benefits, EVERYONE gets benefits after 90 days on the job.

I'm starting to get sick of all the trolls here. It's almost as if they think we're ***.

I work for Publix and KNOW that they hire ILLEGALS! I'm sick of them hiring illegals, making everyone part time with NO BENEFITS.

Pass E-Verify in the FL legislature so Publix and other unscrupulous employers in FL will be FORCED to use E-Verify to determine if their employees and new hires are here legally. It would open THOUSANDS of jobs for Americans and legal residents (legal immigrants). I'm sick of the illegals taking the jobs Americans and legal residents should have. And, SPEAK ENGLISH!

SO SICK OF HEARING SPANISH, CREOLE, ETC.!

It's very rude to speak a foreign language in front of others when you know they only speak English and you also speak English. The customers also complain about it -- extremely unprofessional!

I also work for Publix. You get what you pay for.

Shopping at the others you may find you save a few cents but the quality is NOT there. We take pride in our company. That is why we are here and here to STAY. Customers are our #1 priority and we will always strive to be the premier Grocery store in the country.

I'm sorry you feel that way but you can't not compare the super center to Publix because the super centers are to busy stocking everything else they carry to be consider a GROCERY STORE.

You start to lose your focus when you try to cover all shopping areas. Thank You and Have a Wonderful Day.....

Well I happen to work at Publix and know for a fact that our meat may be a little bit more expensive but at least it is USDA choice and not filled with salt water to add weight to the meat. When you purchase meat from say WM it is filled with water to make the weight higher so therefore when you cook what you think is a 1 pound steak, you are really getting like a 1/2 steak and it shrivles up to nothing so take that into consideration the next time you buy your groceries and especially your meat from them!

But hey if you like getting ripped off.. by all means continue :grin

@Publix all the Way!

PUBLIX ALL THE WAY.YOUR NICK NAME FITS YOU TO THE TEE. YOU TAKE IT ALL THE WAY DOWN THE THROAT WITHOUT GAGGING,THEN YOU DO THAT TO ALL THE HIGHER UPS.

INSTEAD OF BEING FULL OF WATER, YOU ARE FULL OF CU,M GOOD TO THE LAST DROP,YOU MUST WEIGH ABOUT 280LB AND GETTING BIGGER EVERY DAY!

ENJOY YOUR SAUSAGE. :) :) :grin :grin :p :p :p :eek :eek :eek :zzz :zzz :zzz :zzz :zzz :x :x :x :x :x

*** u *** stop ***