Update added by user Feb 10, 2014
I wrote a letter last week about this issue, and they sent me a super nonsense response letter in the mail, the answer I got is 10 times worse than their mistake itself...I scanned the document and I will upload in a minute under a new window...
basically they say "the item was on sale between 1/16 to 1/22 and I bought it on 1/25 and that is why I paid the regular price. if this is the case, why the heck you have not changed the price tag in the past 3 days? that means the incorrect price tag is there for 3 days, and people kept paying the overprice...amazing how lousy this company is when it comes to pricing their items...
this is my last entry about publix, I did so many and It never ends...
Original review posted by user Jan 25, 2014
After you guys read this, almost all of you guys will be like "oh nooo, that is not true, he is lying" and I am OK with that. Say whatever you wish! But before you make any comment answer the following 2 questions:
a)how many of you guys go over each item on your receipt once you leave publix? be honest ! you pay and leave the store, and probably you do not care even if they charge you another quarter or dime...
b)how come I experience the following issue A LOT ?
Well, the issue is this:
publix marks some items down, for example : 2 for $5 and you are thinking that you pay $2.5 for each or 2 for $5
That is not the case though. Just like today (look at the receipt and date on the pictures below), I finished shopping, paid for it, and when I was about to leave, I checked the receipt. There it was! I bought cheese, and instead of $2.5 , they charged $2.99
DO YOU KNOW HOW OFTEN THIS HAPPENS TO ME?
Anyway, customer service IS REQUIRED to give you a full refund, and you keep the item for free.
My theory is this: publix is aware that not many people check the receipts! I am sure they purposely not changing the tags on some items, and they make an extra profit on each item. I am not saying that every item on sale is set up like that, but publix does not correct the computers and you are still being charged the original price.
If you read my other complaints on this website, and look at the pictures you might believe. This is not the first, or second, or 5th time that this happened to me.
I will be posting more proof about this. But of course everybody has their own opinion. Feel free not to believe, but PLEASE check your receipts all the time
Good night all
More Review Details
- Product or service
- Wrong Price
- Review category
- Food Stores
You May Also Like
- "2/1/2014 I opened a can of Harris Teeter Wild Mushroom Bisque Soup (you know, the one they sell in the refrigerated section), and made a bowl of soup. ..."
- "I will just say anonymously that Publix in Florida will give out tons of food to the Harry Chapin Food Bank for "poor" people (read that as people ALREADY getting..."
- "Hello all, I already posted my thoughts about Publix's scam many months ago. I have seen people making comments about my thoughts saying "why don't you work for publix and change..."
- "This JD Byriders company and CNAC is a rip off. I got my car from them August 2016. Went there and see if I get approved. So filled up an..."
- "I had the same experience as others: Signed up for a free trial, sent one fax and then noticed my account had been charged a fee for membership the next..."
- "I purchased a small canvas emergency pouch last November it was intended to hold personal items, medication, a torch and batteries things for an emergency. When it did not appear..."
- "I have a children's book that I got published through authorhouse so I could show it to my mother (the Author) just before she died so she could be proud...."
- "We contracted with Blue Haven Pools of Pensacola / Panhandle (Gulf Breeze, FL) in 2006 to install our pool, spa, waterfall and retaining wall. The project was consistently delayed..."
- "Well, my Husband and I thought that the owner of this store, David, was a great friend but we were quite wrong. David comes off as a sweet, and caring..."