Update added by user Feb 10, 2014
I wrote a letter last week about this issue, and they sent me a super nonsense response letter in the mail, the answer I got is 10 times worse than their mistake itself...I scanned the document and I will upload in a minute under a new window...
basically they say "the item was on sale between 1/16 to 1/22 and I bought it on 1/25 and that is why I paid the regular price. if this is the case, why the heck you have not changed the price tag in the past 3 days? that means the incorrect price tag is there for 3 days, and people kept paying the overprice...amazing how lousy this company is when it comes to pricing their items...
this is my last entry about publix, I did so many and It never ends...
Original review posted by user Jan 25, 2014
After you guys read this, almost all of you guys will be like "oh nooo, that is not true, he is lying" and I am OK with that. Say whatever you wish! But before you make any comment answer the following 2 questions:
a)how many of you guys go over each item on your receipt once you leave publix? be honest ! you pay and leave the store, and probably you do not care even if they charge you another quarter or dime...
b)how come I experience the following issue A LOT ?
Well, the issue is this:
publix marks some items down, for example : 2 for $5 and you are thinking that you pay $2.5 for each or 2 for $5
That is not the case though. Just like today (look at the receipt and date on the pictures below), I finished shopping, paid for it, and when I was about to leave, I checked the receipt. There it was! I bought cheese, and instead of $2.5 , they charged $2.99
DO YOU KNOW HOW OFTEN THIS HAPPENS TO ME?
Anyway, customer service IS REQUIRED to give you a full refund, and you keep the item for free.
My theory is this: publix is aware that not many people check the receipts! I am sure they purposely not changing the tags on some items, and they make an extra profit on each item. I am not saying that every item on sale is set up like that, but publix does not correct the computers and you are still being charged the original price.
If you read my other complaints on this website, and look at the pictures you might believe. This is not the first, or second, or 5th time that this happened to me.
I will be posting more proof about this. But of course everybody has their own opinion. Feel free not to believe, but PLEASE check your receipts all the time
Good night all
More Review Details
- Product or service
- Wrong Price
- Review category
- Food Stores
You May Also Like
- "I went to buy eggs at the dollar general on grand ave. in fort smith ar. They had some eggs on the 50% off rack. I got to the register..."
- "While shopping at my local Safeway Dec 17th I saw some plates on sale I liked. They were displayed in a large box on a shelf. The plates..."
- "Purchased really good looking package of Carolina Pride Sliced Smoked Pork Shoulder Picnic Ham marked "Special Trim" for supper that night. We are in a rural area so it is..."
- "An excerpt from a speech made by Elizabeth Dole in Jan, 1979....far too many Americans are expressing outrage and anguish because their dream homes become a nightmare! Shoddy building..."
- "When any company represents by documents and statements that the home you are purchasing is "Energy Star" Certified and "Comfort Wise," you believe it to be a fact. Lennar also..."
- "Dr. Tony Mangubat is INCOMPETENT Dr. Tony Mangubat (aka Dr. E. Antonio Mangubat, Dr. Elmer A. Mangubat, Dr. E. A. “Tony” Mangubat, Dr. Elmer Antonio Mangubat), LA BELLE VIE Cosmetic Surgery..."
- "Very disappointed in this builder. Sold my Maronda Homes built house, purchased this house in July and I immediately began breaking out in hives all over my body. I have..."
- "Good Afternoon Ms Rodriguez, I an sending this email to request a refund on the improper fitting dentures that Merit Coast made. As we previously discussed when I first went to the..."
- "Better use consignee rather than your own people which not taking care and stealing the contents of the box. batter add precautions and implement rules to avoid this kind of..."