Huntsville, Alabama

Is it too much to ask for my groceries to be bagged correctly? Having worked various customer service jobs for several years, I'm not one to complain. I know people can't read minds and do exactly what I want. I think I'm pretty reasonable. I never say anything about having cleaning chemicals and food in the same bag or several cans and a gallon of milk in one flimsy plastic bag (which usually results in the bag breaking and me having to collect my food items off the ground).

What I cannot stand is raw meat being placed in the same bag as other types of food items, especially ones that are ready to eat. I don't know how many times I have found packages of raw beef or chicken in the same bag as chips, veggies, or bread.

I am the type of person who would rather let something slide than say something, not very confrontational. It takes a lot to get me to say something right then and there. So the one time I said anything, I caught the bagger about to put a package of raw chicken in the same bag as a head of lettuce. I asked her nicely if she could put them in separate bags and she gave me an attitude.

The last straw was this weekend. When I got home, I found that they had put 2 packs of gum and some dinner rolls in the same bag as a package of raw ground beef. One of the gum packages had puntured the ground beef which leaked all over everything else in the bag which I had to throw away.

Despite how mad I was, I didn't bother going back. I had so many groceries I didn't notice the offense as it took place. I shouldn't have to supervise them bagging my groceries anyways. That is their job, shouldn't they know better? I will never be back. That's a shame because they are so close to where I live. I will have to drive past it to go to another grocery store.

Comments

#1119649

My cashier placed fresh bakery bread in with a 2 liter bottle of coke. They need better training.

So you are the type that give cashier and bagger the evil. Eye when you leave maybe when you come up in line you give them like I Don't like you look so maybe that why your food get bag wrong way.

Be careful. When you go to doctor Dentist and tattoo Parlors

I was just hired as a bagger at Publix, and I have never bagged before, but I know raw meat does not belong with other food, but some customers say please place them in one bag, I placed the ground beef and such in a seperate bag from the rest of the food and the customer said, "You can place my meat with the bread and such, I'm not worried about cross contamination"

I'm still learning, and have made a few mistakes, did you ever consider perhaps this girl is new? I was trained, but I was very nervous on my first day and forgot everything I had learned in 6 hours.

if u call and tell them that youll get a gift card or soemthing :zzz

Its all about kissing *** and favoritism, i work very hard to make sure peoples groceries get home safe. Its my lazy coworkers that dont care about their job, my managers bag wrong too, im constantly having to fix their bagging too

"Why didn't you just ask them ahead of time if they could put the meat in its own bag and save yourself the aggravation? "

Because his "mommy" is not there to speak for him.

Enlightenyou7

I take it you were one of those lazy people who were not promoted but accuse others of being lazy. No wonder you are not promoted you have to make others look bad to make yourself look good, therefore not being a team player. Once you grow up and stop looking out for yourself only you will get your promotion.

If you don't want to supervise them that is your loss. Seriously like you said they are not mind readers unless you speak up how are they to know they are doing something you don't like

If you are picky about how they bag your items bag them yourself. Even someone in the first grade can figure out that solution.

It must hurt to be this ***. You;ll waste your time here, writing a complaint about Publix that Publix will never read, when you could have easily gone to the Publix website and written a complaint that would make a difference. You are not going back to Publix because you are an ***, not because of Publix

I work at Publix, Publix training videos teaches us to organize the groceries. Put cans together, boxes together, produce together, cold stuff together, cleaning stuff together, separate meet.

BUT the *** Items Per Bag contradicts the training videos to "save" money, they are bagging it the "Walmart way" now just throwing any 8 items in a bag, I am constantly having to fix my coworkers bagging. I organize my bagging so when you get home, one bag goes here another goes there and you are done. Publix isnt what it use to be.

George Jenkins is rolling in his grave. They're more worried about saving money and making the managers richer and promoting lazy, incompetent, *** people then to promote the workers that are punctual, work hard, honesty, want to do things right

Whenever I go to Publix, I bring my reusable bags and ask them to put everything in them and wrap the raw meat separate and I have never had a problem. They even joke around with me about not wanting to squish my bread or eggs.

I honestly think that when the cashier asks if plastic is ok, if you said to have all raw meat placed in the same bag, it would get down. I understand having issues with not enjoying your grocery shopping experience. We were unfortunately stationed in North Dakota for 5 years and customer service is not a priority.

Publix takes customer service very seriously. Good luck!

haha some of you people are a piece of work. kiss my ***, i guess you wouldn't mind if i *** doing something for you.

wah freakin wah. there are much harder jobs than bagging *** groceries. if you're gettin paid to do something, you should learn how to do it right. i bet you're a lazy *** who has nothing better to do than to troll the internet all day.

i think you're the one who needs to get a life.

all the people sayin they bet that person didn't ask nice sound like you got sh1tty attitudes bout other folks.

way to be pretentious. bet you're real nice people to deal with.

Wow you're really worried about that? You need to relax a little.

I've never had any health issues from having meat and other items bagged together; I think you'll be ok. Why didn't you just ask them ahead of time if they could put the meat in its own bag and save yourself the aggravation? I doubt you asked nicely.

I deal with hundreds of customers every day at work and never have a problem doing something for someone when they are genuinely nice. It's the ones who think they're being nice, or think they're doing you some sort of favor by complaining to you about something, that I have a problem with.

If u dont like how the baggers bag than do it urself. Them poor bagger's work 8 hour shifts and bag bag bag and bag.

It gets tiring and dizzy. THEY AREN'T GUNNA BE FOCUSED AFTER 6 HOURS OF WORKING.

Get off their backs and give them a break! STOP COMPLAINING AND GO DO SOMETHING WITH UR LIFE, INSTEAD OF POSTING THIS *** ON THE WEB!

NO LIFER!

I LOVE PUBLIX. IF YOU DON'T LIKE THEIR BAGGING THE DO IT YOUR SELF. IT'S NOT HARD.

You see, bagging is a starting position. This means you basically get all the retards with no experience, or the actual retards.

I work for Publix, and I'll be the first to say that half our haggard are pretty ***. Lol

Was the post immature? yes, I know that

Rude? sure

But to answer your question Trevor, no, I'm not a rude person in real life or to people I don't know. I just don't care too much about minding my manners when talking to trolls.

Did I need to sink down to that level? Absolutely not. That was unnecessary, I know...but it felt good typing it.

Though "lol"'s response is as immature as the people she/he had to put up with as a cashier, they are correct. There are certain items you can't bag together.

Meat and vegetables, soap/shampoo and any type of food, medication and any type of food ect.

This is in case the package leaks and the product gets contaminated. Also aside from one or two mistakes how is "get a life's" or "I bagged groceries once's" writing that bad.

Lol, are you this rude and nasty in real life or is it just to people you don't know.?