I have had employees confide that the produce (which is either rotting or rotten within TWO DAYS) is shipped FROZEN which naturally destroys most nutrition and flavor. Milk goes sour usually a few days Before expiration date due to milk being left out after delivery instead of stocked immediately.

Many items from different vendors ARE DEFINITELY PRICED IDENTICALLY, eliminating any competitive pricing. I bought 2-for-2 specials on crackers on separate occasions to find them crumbled and stale.

Vero Beach Treasure Coast PUBLIX is a detriment to our health, our budgets and illegally cruel to employees. (see other note)

Company wrote 0 public responses to the review from Jan 13, 2008.

Comments

MattD78

According to multiple sources including WebMD, freezing vegetables has NO impact on nutrients what so ever. What do you think happens in nature when winter comes?

Do you think potatoes and carrots in the frozen ground suddenly have all the nutrients sucked from them?

This whole frozen vegetable rumor is *** and needs to stop. Frozen vegetables are just fine.

Sounds to sour milk fumes are starting to affect these Publix associates, maybe like being delusional?

I think Winn Dixie employees are jealous because they do not have any pictures of George Jenkins to hang on the wall in their stores and they only have the store brand of kool aid to sell. Maybe Publix should start sharing.

Ok, I am a former Publix employee. I worked in the produce section and I can promise you that the produce is not frozen.

I had to unload and stock it everyday while I worked there.

The truck came in, we got our pallets off, we unloaded the pallets and put the produce on the floor or in the cooler. It was tedious and back breaking work and I hated it, but the produce is fresh.

I begain shopping at Publix inTuscaloosa,Al about two years ago. The reason I began was the penny item that I was curious about.

To my amazement I found that the penny item was usually a useful item, and not yust some marketing scam. I had been shopping at Wal-Mart where there is always bent cans, out of date items, restocking of their shelves with returned items, and generally uncouth and disgruntled employees. The cost at wal-mart was generally cheaper than the other stores in Tuscaloosa, so they had the bulk of the business. Additionally they ran their stores as if they were slopping hogs, or treated their customers as if they were a herd of cattle.

After I shopped at publix and saw how accomidating the employes were, how fresh their groceries were, and a 180 degree difference Public was from wal-mart was and also the prices are competitive with anyone I now shop exclusively at Public. As a young the grocery business was competitive and It was just a breath of fresh to find a grocery store that reminded me of that long ago time. My only wish is that Public will Build a store In cottondale which is a area of Tuscaloosa in which I live.

P.S. I pass a winn dixie, a food world, a piggly wiggly, and a wal-mart, and a couple of smaller stores on my way to Publix.

#192146

:( i don't appreciate you trashing one of my favorite stores. i have worked at publix (different store) for almost 5 years and i can tell you, for a fact, that all of what you wrote is untrue.

produce is not shipped frozen. i work in produce so after 3 years of unloading produce trucks at 4 am, i can tell you that the product is NOT frozen. we keep our produce on refrigerated trucks, kept at a temperature of roughly 42 degrees Fahrenheit.

i can't speak for the stock crew and dairy, but i highly doubt that they leave it sitting out. it is protocol to unload from the truck and either place directly on the shelf or in the dairy cooler.

i purchase publix milk weekly and my milk is ALWAYS good for several days AFTER the expiration date. sorry you had a bad experience, but don't spread false rumors like these.

to miss publix #1152901

I used to work in the deli at a Publix in Florida, and I was the associate that unload the trucks most of the time and I would work midshifts or closing shifts, one day I was scheduled for a closing shift which meant coming in at 2 or 3 in the afternoon, so one day I come in at 3 pm for a closing shift and there is a pallett of Publix deli iced tea that has been sitting out in the grocery department that is about 80 degrees, since 8:30 a.m., and the tea is supposed to be in a cooler at 40 degrees, nobody in the deli would get of their *** and put it in the cooler, so much for food safety?

to miss publix #1153520

Do you have a picture of George Jenkins hanging on the wall in your bedroom so you can say your prayers at bedtime, what have you people been smoking, Publix is a grocery store, not a sacred shrine, or a cult?

pakeonoahu

Scott is a scam, he's defending for something that on benefits him.

listen jack**s.

once you open any dairy product it usually goes bad in 7 days.

so therefore buy only the size that you can use in that time frame.

reeeky2001

I don't know about the produce, but I have been to other store and have seen the milk been off loaded from the truck and sit on the stock room floor for an hour, before it was put away.

youre an ***......obviously youre a disgruntled employee of that store....i am an employee of publix and have been for 22 years and i have been in 1150 numerous times, sales floor and backroom and i will tell you, the produce in that store doesnt have a chance to go rotten because its selling quicker than its getting put out.......as for milk, it goes from the lift and into the cooler.....so grow some balls, tell your store manager you hate your job then quit....problem solved

to marchmadness #1153002

Why don't you go hang a picture of George Jenkins on a wall in Jerusalem and call it Indiana Jones and the temple of doom

to marchmadness #1153791

Yeah problem solved alright, you sound like your the store manager and all these other goons are your cronies, so what are you going to do when you are done chasing off the so called disgruntled employees and all you have left employed at the store is people like you who pretend they are working but are more busy looking like they are working, maybe you are a magician?

to marchmadness #1154619

Here's a new concept for you if I told my store manager I hated my job he would probably fire me but if I told him or her that I hated working I would get a raise, that's my take on the Publix way

to marchmadness #1154629

Maybe this person got milk and kool aid mixed up, that's an easy thing to do at Publix.

WOW! These Publix employees can not take any form of criticism. You have a customer that has voiced complaints and you attack....Not the Publix of years ago....Publix is in decline!

to Publix is NOT GREAT #1152914

Yay,thanks for saying that,I worked for Publix for seven years and had to work with those *** holes, and you are spot on right.l refuse to work for Publix anymore because of them not being able to take criticism, try and bring something to their attention and the answer you get is Publix is the best, so why bother complaining they wont listen anyway.to bad these rah rah for Publix people can't see that, that's why I don't work there anymore.

Dehra Dun, Uttarakhand, India #35025

I have 29 years with Publix and was involved in the construction of 1150, worked in refrigeration maintence for 15 of the 29 and I can tell you Publix is as quality minded as any company could hope to be.