Marietta, Georgia

I HAVE A COMPLAINT ABOUT PUBLIX IN MARIETTA GA 30062. LAST NIGHT WHEN I WENT TO PUBLIX I WAS LOOKING FOR THE SPRING GATHERING BOOK OF COUPONS AND THE MANAGER THAT WAS AT THE CUSTOMER SERVICE DESK HANDED ME ONE OF THEM AND SAID THAT IS ALL THAT I CAN GET...WHEN I WENT BACK IN THERE TODAY FOR SOMETHING ELSE, SHE MOVED THE ENTIRE STACK OF COUPONS FROM THE DESK AND WAITED TIL I WAS ABOUT TO CHECK OUT BEFORE SHE PUT THEM BACK.

I MADE ANOTHER MANAGER AWARE OF THIS AND HE SEEMED TO AGREE WITH HER. HE SAID THAT THE COUPONS GO TOO FAST, ETC...AND IT WASNT UNTIL I SAID THAT I WAS GONNA CALL CORPORATE THAT HE EVEN ACKNOWLEDGED THAT SHE COULD HAVE DONE THIS DIFFERENTLY. I AM SO SICK OF THESE PEOPLE, BUT WITH COUPONS I CAN GET MY ITEMS FREE SO I AM NOT GONNA STOP GOING HERE.

I THINK THAT THEY NEED TO GET BETTER WITH CUSTOMER SERVICE. THIS SAME MANAGER IS MAD BECAUSE THEY HAD A COUPON FOR $2 OFF AN ITEM THAT WAS $1.07 AND I MADE 93CENT EACH ITEM THAT I GOT...BUT IT WAS THEIR COUPON, PRINTED IN THE GREEN FLYER...WHY GET MAD AND YOU ARE THE ONE WHO OFFERED THE DISCOUNT.?

Product or Service Mentioned: Publix Coupon.

Comments

The use of coupons is highly praised and encouraged, but the fraud, abuse and misuse has tainted this money savings option. I can understand that placing the booklet behind the counter allows the store to better ensure that ALL or as many customers share in this program, and if done properly would allow the management to meet and greet their customers.

Alas this was not quite the case in this scenario. In addition, manufacturers want you to buy their products thus using coupons, but consumer beware...coupons are a loss leader to bring you into an establishment and purchase other goods to allow the store to make profits and keep employees employed. It is unfortunate that that the dishonest people that come into a store feel the need to hoard ALL the coupons for themselves and not allow others to take advantage of savings. Also, these same people also take coupons and resell them on such sites as EBay thus profiting off of the retailers and manufacturers.

There are basically 2 types of coupons, manufacturer and store. Just so you know, the coupon booklet in question was STORE coupons which means the store uses its own profits with no reimbursement other than hoping customers remain loyal and use the coupons as intended. In summary, I applaud you for being a saavy shopper and knowing value when you see it, but please understand that their intentions were to ensure ALL customers get to take advantage of the coupons and have enough products in stock for all.

That logistical nightmare is another topic. I hope this quells some tempers for all.

your flyer of 7/17-7/25 is misleading. I thought that the rainier cherries was $2.49 buy one get one free.

That was the only price for cherries onthe flyer.Needless to say when I went to the store the price for the rainier cherries was $5.99 per lb. I feel that you need to make your advertisement clearer.

I AGREE!! Your right.

Thanks for your input. I also know what the Lord would have me to do that is why I take items to the local fire station to the firefighters, and to the womans shelters for battered woman and children...but you know...getting involved in MEANINGLESS arguments is also warned against in the word of God, so I WONT do that.!! You win...there you go. FEEL BETTER??

its not that serious..WHY? because I am amongst the HAVES and I will ALWAYS HAVE!! WHY?

because I am willing to coupon and endure what I have to in the pursuit of feeding and providing for my family...but your views are so closed minded I'm sure I am on section 8, live in projects, dont work, have a house full of kids...etc etc...These comments are eye opening..and I honestly respect everyone enough to respect your views...!! Thanks for sharing and happy savings!!

Also stop using religion into this. A good religious person would not hoard all the coupons, they would want the lord to teach them to share with others and not abuse the coupon policy, to be honest.

They probably no longer work there because they quit because of dealing with customers such as you. Nothing to do with the cameras.

You are allowed to use coupons but you have to share and not take them for yourself. You are not being profiled for using coupons, you are being profiled for abusing them and acting like a four year old.

Kari

If a customer is being down right unreasonable she deserves to be judged by others. If other people's replies hurt her she should not be posting. Like everyone else here she is complaining about not having rules changed for her.

We have perfect reading comprehension. We are also not dumb enough to believe everything the OP said unlike some person who posted. Also maybe she imagined them moving the coupons from her, and perhaps she left out the part where she kept demanding more than one coupon book.

I WONT take time out of my day to return needless insults. It is what it is with Publix and I KNOW what was happening in the stores while I was shopping.

I will have you to know that I take HOURS preparing my shopping trips and I take my couponing serious. I shop and save and YES I get FREE items...thats my choice to use coupons and get deals as well as its YOUR choice not to...NO ONE, I repeat NO ONE desires to be profiled and to be clear about this the person involved is NOT LONGER EMPLOYED at Publix AFTER REVIEW OF THE CAMERA!!

so, just to make this clear...I dont have to beat the system...I simply find sales, match coupons and feed my family...Thanks everyone for your feedback positive or negative...I KNOW that ALL things work together for the GOOD of those who LOVE AND TRUST the LORD, so...even the negative comments work for my good!!! Good day, and happy savings....A SPECIAL PRAYER FOR THOSE WHO FELT THE NEED TO BE ON THE ATTACK...MAY GOD SOFTEN YOUR HEARTS AND SHOWER HIS LOVE UPON YOU....

:sigh Wow! Reading each of these comments really just shocks me.

This site is for consumers to warn other consumers, which in itself is a great idea. I did'nt realize that if you make a comment you will be not only judged by people you have never met, but ripped up one side and down the other. I believe, (and it is obvious others do to) that "Quienna" has a right to "caution" others about her experience, she did this so that consumers in her area would be alert to this. It disappointed her to say the least.

Publix's slogan states "Where shopping is a Pleasure", this encounter was clearly not pleasurable, and she has the right to share. It is sad to see each of us trying to emotionally "dig" into each other. It really isn't relevant what your name is, or if you do name your child "Billie Bob,Sarah, or Lakesha. It is not relevant what hue your skin is either, what is relevant, however, is that we are all human beings.

Instead of trying to undermine somebody's confidence by using comments to deflate them, we should maybe try to thank her for sharing her opinion with us. Quienna's observation may assist you and I in becoming more cognizant the next time we are at Publix, of this type of biased behavior.

That is, I am sure, what her motive behind the comment was. It certainly was not so she could expose herself to interpretations that show just how ignorant we have become to each other and what we as Americans stand for.

I think several of these comments are an attack on this woman. Why does it hurt to give her an extra coupon book.

Most shoppers don't even bother to use store coupons - they are trained to pay retail prices just like robots. I stockpile to save for my family and will only take an extra coupon booklet or two.

No shame in that. I say take your business elsewhere.

You clearly are a NIGHTMARE customer that just wants to "play the system" to get things for free, go away low life.

Get over yourselves. She did not say anything about trying to get another coupon book , she clearly stated she was there to get something else.You guys would flunk reading comprehension in a heartbeat.

It was in fact rude for the cashier to move the coupon books as it made a negative non verbal insinuation. To the OP, some stores allow you to use the LU# multiple times without having to take multiple books. As always your mileage may vary. Ignore these rude people who don't know how to stockpile and will be knocking your door down around December 21st when the world is in a uproar and their families are out of food.

Oh and commenter #2...Seriously wtf does her name have to do with anything?

You must be a white person only you people care about that stuff. Everyone doesn't want to name their kid Billy Bob or Sarah.

Considering you aren't actually paying for anything I really don't think they would or should care at all what you think about their service. You aren't really a customer.

Your name lacks meaning and is impossible to pronounce therefore making your comment and your life meaningless.

Everyone is allowed only one. you are not special.

You are not being profiled. You just think that you do not have to follow rules and have a separate set of rules just for you.

The real reason this is, is because a shopper should be completely ready for checkout. It is rude to be one of those people who expect the cashier or manager to find them coupons, to cut them out, and to give them extra coupons.

Does it hurt to be as *** as you obviously are? Don't use big words that you don't undertand. Go look up the word profiling for the definition, then look up ***. You'll get the definition for thw first one and you'll see your picture next to the second one.

The reason they ration the coupons is greedy people like you want to take ALL of them to indulge your selfishness and not allow others to enjoy any savings.

You're being judged by the lack of content of your character, not because you use coupons.