Orlando, Florida
2.9K views

I have worked for Publix for 3 years, what a crock of

***, the politics in that company. It's true that you have to be sucking someone's *** to get anywhere.

i was sent to another location to help, I was belittled , and screwed with. A complaint to the store manager was met with " What do you do with someone who has great numbers, but no people skills". I was shocked. to say the least the next time they ask me to help somewhere, they can stick it.

The clincher was on my review, It said I am not a team player!

Product or Service Mentioned: Publix Manager.

Comments

The sad thing about Publix employee s is it is the same everywhere no one cares and if you do keep it to yourself because the minute you say a word you become the problem funny how that works like you are a role model employee how ever you are inconsiderate of fellow coworkers how is that possible well it must be I know it well. I also know if there are problems in a department keep it to yourself if rules are broken keep it to yourself if you don't it will come back to *** you believe it or not get don't fix anything they just don't address it at all so you better get use to that bad attitude or find another job or YOU will become the problem and that problem will be delt with

@Anonymous

To anonymous{1163275} You sound like a Publix manager, That is the same line that all manager give to there employes, We call that the bull *** line.

Publix truley doesn't want illegal practices but ill educated employees are a Hudge problem they are arrogent and *** and barley trained and the rest of us who abide by the rules have to pay the price by cleaning up after, dealing with the *** they leave behind very sad what happened I am sure Mr George is twirling in his grave over these things he never treaded employees like trash because they care about the rules and laws. What happened Publix this is not the Publix of my child hood not even close.

Little to no greenwise to much expense to have better to loose a small amount of money to sell more of what sells to more people. Gone is the caring store and family enter the money making machine spin Mr George spin.

(tom)The real truth about promotion is how you perform,(1-pull your pants down and do what your manager tells you to do,(2- and if you perform on manager make sure you swallow,(3- do not scream that is a no-no(4-and do not show and tell,keep up the good work.

I WORKED FOR PUBLIX FOR 5 YEARS. 4 YRS.

IN S.C. , ONE YEAR IN FLORIDA. I HAD ONE MANAGER OUT OF 3 THAT WAS A WONDERFUL, CARING AND GREAT INDIVIDUAL. HE TREATED EVERYONE EQUALLY.

ALWAYS A SMILE AND A HELLO. HE WOULD LAUGH WITH YOU, AND IF YOU WERE CALLED INTO THE OFFICE , HE WAS ABLE TO MAKE YOU FEEL COMFORTABLE WHILE TELLING YOU WHAT WAS WRONG. I ADMIRED HIM SO VERY MUCH. THE OTHER TWO, WERE TOTAL JERKS.

IF YOU WASN'T IN THE "GROUP" OF CUSTOMER SERVICE , OR AN *** KISSER, YOU DIDN'T EVEN GET A HELLO. MY LAST MANAGER , WHEN YOU WERE GREETED BY HIM, YOU WERE GIVEN A "YUP". WELL, TAKE YOUR YUP AND SHOVE IT, MISTER. HE WAS YOUNG AND LOOKED DOWN AT ANYONE BELOW CUSTOMER SERVICE LEVEL.

SCREW HIM. I COULDN'T STAND HIM. OR THE ONE BEFORE HIM, EITHER. PUBLIX IS A NICE COMPANY TO WORK FOR, IF YOU HAVE THE RIGHT TYPE OF MANAGER LEADING YOU.

OTHERWISE, EVERYDAY IS LIKE PULLING HENS TEETH. DAMNED IF YOU DO, AND DAMNED IF YOU DON'T.

THE END..

Maybe you're not a team player...try looking hard at yourself.

@Tom

Tom, you are probably an *** kissing team player.

I have to say that Publix’s managers are anything but. My wife has to put up with personal attacks and bullying at her store.

I have told her to document so when she can no longer tolerate her abusive situation to sue Publix for allowing a hostile and intimidating situation to fester. Since English is a second language to her, she has a problem explaining herself to the store manager, so she just gets frustrated. She works in the bakery section and all the employees in her section are so tired of being harassed by the bakery manager and assistant manager they want to transfer.

My wife asked to transfer, but was told she would have to stay until they hired someone to replace her. The management is the problem, but Publix just seems to not care.

To be honest I have worked with Publix for three and a half years. I started as a big girl at the age of 15.

I am now full time customer service staff.

I really do feel it has a lot to do with the store you work at. YES some mangers you have to kiss *** to get what you want but in a cooperate world that's what you have to do if you want to get some where......

mayhem10

Man *** PUBLIX..... I CALLED INTO WORK TO TELL MY MANAGER THAT I WOULD BE A LIL LATE BECAUSE OF MY RA JOB WITH MY SCHOOL...

I FOUND ONE OF MY STUDENTS DECEASED in the dorm and that I would be a lil late to work well by me and another RA finding him we had to wait for the police and his family to come in all the way from SC which is 4 1/2 hours away........ Well I called back in an hour and a half to alert my manager of what was going on and she stated that I am a no call no show and that she will deal with me wow realli!

@mayhem10

I wish you success, because you care anout people.

@mayhem10

P.S. mayhem, the evil ones get the rewards unfortunately too often. Remember survival, and expect the unexpected in work politics.

@mayhem10

I am really sick. I could barely talk to my manager this morning, so she knew how sick I sounded.

The other new manager (the rude Nazi) knew I was sick yesterday. Anyway, I told my manager this morning that I was sick and she told me to take some medicine and come in. I was applaud.

Doesn't Publix worry about how the customers feel when the employees are sick? The Nazi was bullying me yesterday knowing that I didn't feel good.

If your honest mistake was stealing, or writing a bad check, you probably deserved it.

I was fired after 16yrs of service for making an honest mistake while shopping. Someone at my store was out to get me, someone was out to get me for awhile.

I havent set foot back in a Publix since I was fired. I worked my *** off for nothing. Lost my insurance, dental, benefits, vacation and everything.

I was screwed over and no one there gives a *** Thanks for making my holidays so *** up, Publix managers. I hope you all go to H***.

I've been working for publix for 9 months now as a stock clerk. Gotta work for that paycheck.

Im given more responsibilities than my coworkers yet the pay is the same and Im doubting that raise.

Yet Im still happy to work for Publix, despite pain in the *** managers and coworkers that think they're management. Remember, if you hate your job and want to quit, just remember there are a few eager thousand begging to take your job.

That's the reason why publix needs a union so you do not have to s.ck up to your boss, and that way they can not change the rules when it benefits the store manager. Some people don't agree with a union which I myself do not think is the best scenario, however what is being done to Publix employees has to stop and this might be the only solution. The managers are eating big while the workers who make Pubix successful, are the ones hurting.

I've only worked for Pub since sept.2012. BUT I have seen managers be *** to people.

i was one of those people and I dont take that ***.Talkig down to people and then expecting them to bend over backwards for you and stay way past their scheduled shift is NOT how you get things done. I'm still working there but recently had my hours cut down this week becuase my manager told me he suspected me of "hiding" items in the wrong place. I'm not lazy, I ALWAYS write the sku number down on the boxes and I'm ALWAYS the one finding misplaced items. Yet, you cut my hours?

Everyone keeps saying go to HR so that's my next step. Talking to my store manager seemed to do nothing.

I dislike the fact you have to shave your beards to work at publix after all it's a great company "I'm not an employee"

its :upset to think ive been working for almost 2 years now and still am treated bad. Nobody says hello and the manager is only nice to a select few.

my ex-friend works with me and he is getting 12+ hrs (hes been there for 4 months while I only get 5. He is both bagger and cashier and I am only bagger because they wont put me to cashier.

We have way to many people working and its overstaffed most of the time. Working was good when I started in 2010 up until 2011...