I'm a truck driver who had the misfortune of making a delivery to a publix distribution center. I arrived with several pallets of rice.

After being unloaded by a lumper service,I was held hostage and forced to wait nearly 6 hrs while they ' broke down and counted each case.

This shipment was loaded and sealed by the shipper and unsealed by publix. They held N me, the carrier, hostage for a total of 12 hrs at two locations as the result of a rediculous policy of holding a carrier responsible for a shippers' competency for which we are not only uncompensated, but are kept from moving on to our next load.

Comments

I've seen this happen to several drivers at our warehouses. All the vendors just need to tell purchasing they want to NO-BID on supplying Publix, and give them the reason. After they have to pay a penny a ton more or simply can't get material, perhaps they'll see that treating their vendors the same way they treat associates probably isn't such a good idea.

Seasoldier

I don't understand why you have to pay publix to unload their stuff?

What happens if we don't check it and they say you must have stolen a case?