Fort Lauderdale, Florida
3.3K views
2.3

I have seen more and more dogs being allowed to come in to Publix. They have been allowed to sit on counters at the Deli, Customer Service counter, as well as, the Bakery.

I have witnessed that their owners, in these particular cases, do not have Handicapped Parking Permits. In most cases, the dogs aren't big enough to provide any kind of assistance to their owners. For the most part, these are comfort dogs and have not been trained for service. Go to ada.gov for their guidelines.

Publix policy...Look the other way.

The response from management has been nothing less than condescending bull. Publix is afraid and will risk relations with loyal customers.

Product or Service Mentioned: Publix Parking.

Reason of review: Publix policy concerning dogs in the store.

Publix Cons: Customer service, Management poor customer service.

Comments

I brought my dog into a Publix before. I even asked the employees if it was okay, only if held her in my jacket the whole time, which was my plan anyways.

I was never asked to leave, and people actually stopped to say hello to her. Some people are so anal about these things. Dogs don't pose a threat to anyone.

Some people just need something to complain about. Sickening.

Wow some people will find anything to complain about, huh? Hope your life gets less boring friend

@Anonymous

this person truly has nothing else to complain about.

I witnessed a woman walking her dog all over a Publix yesterday and no one said anything to her. I find this appalling. Many people are allergic to dogs in public places so this is not good to allow to continue.

WHAT IF SOMEBODY BRINGS THEIR CAT ALONG WITH THEM SHOPPING AND ONE OF THE SERVICE DOGS *** RUNNING AFTER IT AFTER IT SCRATCHES ITS OWNER AND *** RUNNING THROUGH THE AISLES ???

@Anonymous

They blocked out the word that is the secret ingredient in McDonald's "Special Sauce" that makes it taste so darn good.

IF YOU DON'T LIKE DOGS, GO TO ANOTHER STORE !

@Anonymous

No... You keep your dog at home where it belongs!

@Anonymous

That is not the point! Only bona fide SERVICE DOGS ( i.e., Animals fully trained to provide a necessary service to its owner that that owner cannot provide by him/her self are allowed in food businesses.

Period, end of story! That’s the law and these people have no more right to break that law than you or I do breaking any other law. Like speeding or stealing. P.

S., I love dogs, have owned them all my life - they are like family! But, not allowed in restaurants or grocery stores.

They allow it all over Europe and the UK. Never posed any health problems.

Most farmers markets allow it in the states.

You have a bigger chance of get sick worrying about it. smh

@Pat

EXACTLY! people are acting like dogs are rats!

Our Publix does not allow it. They are asked to leave.

You pet must be a service animal. No we do not ask for papers, but we can ask them to leave, if the dog is not wearing the correct service dog vest.

We turned a lady down the other day. My manager said she couod not bring in her dog since it was not yet registered.

@Anonymous

Sorry to inform you, but there is not “Real, SERVICE DOG VEST. They are all 100% fakes sold on line for big bucks by very fake (but real sounding organizations , not even “organizations” just ripoff) businesses.

Humans are more vicious, filthy, disease-carrying and unsanitary to...other humans.My 4 lb. Chi in a pet carrier is not allowed in Publix, but you can’t throw out the nasty humans that fondle the produce with their E.coli unwashed hands while sneezing to release airborne kaleidoscopes of germs and viruses.OK

@Ms. Ann Thorpe

Dogs are filthy dirty animals when you go to the grocery store restaurant leave the dog home

#1562029
@Anonymous

I guess we should let animals in factories too then. Not.

Some dogs *** on anything. You might get fleas from a passing dog and store could be liable. And theres those allergic. I have almost never seen a service dog in stores but if they allowed regular pets they would be all over and be a lot of accidents and noise cuz most of those people own loud little dogs.

And I happen im not ok with that cuz im very allergic to long hair dander and fleas. And i have dogs

@Anonymous

You are right Walmart all the time employee in Walmart mart way there are wipes in front of store why should I put my hands fin a cart where someone's dog has been

sharron w

ridiculous comment

@Ms. Ann Thorpe

I do agree with what you’re saying. But again, it’s not the point.

PETS ARE NOT LEGALLY ALLOWED IN GROCERY STORES. The problem is that the law has no teeth in it.

No way for owner to easily verify if people are telling the truth. The vest sold online are all 100% fake.

#1420742

First of all writer, you are seriously WRONG about small dogs can not provide a service... I have a full blooded 7lb Cihuahua and he takes care of me!

He can tell if a seizure is coming, knows if my blood sugar and/or blood presure is to high or too low! AND HE FOUND MY CANCER!! My doctors have witnessed all ! And the calming me down when I was very upset to learn I did in deed have cancer.

My oncologist said my dog sensed it!! So please do not make it sound like there is no purpose for a dog his size being useless....

Publix Reviews