Gardendale, Alabama
4.5
Layout of Store

ON 09/27/2016 I VISITED THE PUBLIX IN GARDENDALE AS I NORMALLY DO 3 TO 4 TIMES A WEEK. AS PART OF MY ORDER I HAD SEVERAL BOTTLES OF CRISCO.

THERE IS A PRINTABLE COUPON ON THE PUBLIX WEBSITE FAMILY CELEBRATIONS BOOKLET. THE COUPON WAS FOR .75 OFF OF 1. FOR SOME REASON THE REGISTER DID NOT RECOGNIZE THE LU# AND A CUSTOMER SERVICE/MANAGER WAS CALLED OVER. THE MANAGER TOLD ME THAT MY COUPON WAS FAKE, AND PUBLIX COUPONS DOES NOT HAVE ACROSS THE TOP"STORE COUPON" PLEASE DO NOT DUPLICATE AND THAT PUBLIX COUPONS DOES NOT HAVE AN EXPIRATION DATE.

I ADVISED THE MANAGER THAT I DO NOT USE FRAUDULENT COUPONS. WELL SHE KEPT MY CRISCO COUPONS AND REFUSED TO LET ME USE THEM. LATER TONIGHT I DECIDED TO GO BACK TO THE WEBSITE JUST TO MAKE SURE. WELL I HAD REACHED MY LIMIT ON CRISCO BUT I DID PRINT ANGEL SOFT AND SEVERAL OTHER COUPONS.

THESE COUPONS FROM FAMILY CELEBRATIONS BOOKLET HAS THE VERY SAME WORDING"STORE COUPON-DO NOT DUPLICATE AND AN EXPIRATION DATE OF 10/23/2016. I AM VERY UPSET BECAUSE IT WAS A LINE OF CUSTOMERS AND THE CASHIER YOUNG MAN BAGGING THE GROCERIES STATED TO ME THAT I NEEDED TO BE CAREFUL PRINTING COUPONS. I FELT VERY LITTLE TO HAVE ANYONE SUGGEST THAT I DID SOMETHING WRONG. I THINK IT SHOULD BEEN HANDLED IN A BETTER WAY.

EVERYONE THAT COUPONS IS NOT TRYING TO BEAT THE SYSTEM.

I REALLY DO NOT FEEL COMFORTABLE GOING INTO THAT PUBLIX ANYMORE AND I ONLY LIVE DOWN THE ROAD. THERE REALLY NEED TO BE TRAINING ON HOW TO IDENTIFY COUPONS PRINTED OFF OF YOUR OWN WEBSITE.

Product or Service Mentioned: Publix Coupon.

Reason of review: I WAS MADE TO LOOK AS I WAS USING A FRAUDULENT COUPON. THAT SHOULD HAVE BEEN CHECKED. I FREQUENT THAT STORE A LOT AND EVERYONE KNOW ME. I TRY TO DO WHAT IS RIGHT I AM RETIRED FROM LAW ENFORCEMENT . I AM SURPRISED HOW I WAS TREATED..

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

Comments