2.8
Layout of Store

I am from the Tampa Bay area and usually shop at the Bardmoor store in Seminole. I posted a similar comment on the Publix Face Book Page, but thought I should write here too.

I realize not all items are baked in the store bakery area anymore, but too many things are under cooked and have lost the flaky, crumbled texture. Killing the flavor and turned into a huge disappointment. Over Thanksgiving dinner my friends and I had a conversation and they are experiencing the same issue. Crumbled Apple pies have turned into a Soggy Crumbled Mess, as well as other varieties of pies.

The danish and cinnamon roll style varieties are the same. I have always been loyal, as well as my friends, but at this point we are considering Village Inn, Perkins or Fresh Market.

Baked goods are too expensive to be a constant mess. There can always be a rare occasional issue, but CONSTANT is unacceptable

Product or Service Mentioned: Publix Dutch Apple Pie.

Reason of review: Bad quality.

I didn't like: Bakery going down hill.

Company wrote 0 private or public responses to the review from Nov 28, 2017.

Comments

Hi. I just wanted to say I purchased a Dutch apple pie in the Chattanooga Tennessee Publix today.

I had the same thing going on with my pie.

It was not fully baked the dough was still raw underneath the crumb topping...I’m trying to cook it a little more right now just to see if I can salvage it. These pies are way too expensive to put in the trash.

The top and bottom dough is not cooked. After you cut one piece the pie becomes mushy mess. Not eatable.