Another publix "mistake"

I have put many complaints about Publix on this website , and every single complaint has the proof (picture of the receipt is uploaded on every complaint)

Here is another one that just happened...I cannot believe how a company like Publix does this constantly. If you do not check the receipt, you might end up losing money.

Yesterday they did another "tiny" little mistake, and it was for $8 this time...

Can't they just pay attention and not do these kind of mistakes? no they cant...You have to go over your receipt no matter what. Make sure you know how much the item is on the shelf. As I have said in my previous comments "this will only continue with publix and soon you will see another one happening"

This review is a subjective opinion of a user.
Report Comment Private message author

Helpful? 3 Yes 3 10 No 10
Had the same issue 2 Yes 2
Comment as anonymous As anonymous or Log in
OR Is it your business? Respond to your
customers as verified company representative.
Apply for a Free Plan
the proof yall

Apr 20 #1147289

that isn't publix dear that's the cashier trying to double scan things. did you bring it to anyone's attention?

0 0 Reply

Apr 14 #1144869

If Publix is so arrogant, and thinks that they don't make mistakes, then why do they have the Publix Promise? If something is marked wrong, you get one of that item for free! Other places just say oops, and change the price. Public goes way above and beyond for their customers.

1 0 Reply

Feb 06 #1107397

Well this person is 100 percent correct that is why e.d. Crenshaw quit,he is going to jail for food stamp fraud!! He thinks by quiting people will forget how much he stole from everyone mostly his beloved employees who have been suckerd!! Thank you for showing your receipts but next time call the cops make a reall report it's not the cashier it's e.d.

1 2 Reply

Jan 09 #1091738

Sir thank you for documenting there theft it is ramped send it all to governor Rick Scott he really needs to know not anyone else others don't count they sweep the poo poo under the rug by the way this is not human errors either it is calculated theft ring who hide behind the fact they put the most IQ less people on the planet so they blame them for there calculated fraud. I also hate the fact when you catch them stealing they treat you like you robbed them! I have writen a book about this so when the first copys are ready I will see you get one God bless you and I hope you catch them again check out wptv channel 5 publix promise I have also caught them on not a few but let's say a whole bunch and documented just like you remember to get a publix promise receipts that show a price correction you have to demand it fr them it's your proof they refunded your money and corrected the price you must do this or they will steal from some elderly blind deaf or a person in a hurry whomay have a phd. But if they don't pull the miss priced tag they will keep stealing on that item so let the buyer beware caviot emptor
Publix enemy #1

2 1 Reply

Oct 18, 2015 #1050260

Computer are running the store not the employees write it down when you check out you know how much it is do your part and that won't happen

1 3 Reply

Aug 21, 2015 #1022486

This doesn't prove anything but you bought Asian pears and returned them. Machines aren't perfect. Sh** happens. Do you ever mess up or are you one of those people who does EVERYTHING right EVERY time.

1 2 Reply

Jul 19, 2015 #1009410

I get that people get upset over the fact that they get charged extra. Mistakes happen and the fact you posted this girls name online just to seek revenge on her accident makes you a monster. For shame - I hope in the future you learn from this because if that girl was your daughter you wouldn't want some angry *** posting their names online

3 1 Reply
Coco plum shopper

Jan 17, 2015 #932648 North Port, Florida

Love my local Publix and never have problems. On the rare occasion I do find a mistake.. Maybe twice in 10 years, you bring in the receipt your next visit and you get the item free. You never see other stores doing that!

2 2 Reply
Disgusted employee

Apr 26, 2014 #809242

As someone who has worked at Publix for over 30 years, I can strongly say... That it is not the company that it used to be in any way. nor is it the place to work that they want the public to believe it is. The only thing they have going for them is the retirement!! Other than that, it is right next to Walmart, at the bottom of the barrel.

3 6 Reply
just me

Jun 11, 2014 #826454

I have only worked for Publix for 7 years but I totally agree. Ever since Charlie Jenkins retired and turned the company over to Ed Crenshaw and Todd Jones it has gone way down. It seems like they are more concerned with spending money to micromanage employees and making managers jobs even easier then they are with what's in the best interest of the so-called shareholders, aka employees.

5 1 Reply

Jul 19, 2015 #1009418

As someone who has worked for publix. I've seen customers who treat employees like *** just for doing their job. I watched a woman yesterday file a complaint on a girl to get her fired because she wasn't smiling enough. That very girls mother died that day. People are so caught up in their day to day lives that they don't stop and really think about it. No one is perfect. If publix was a perfect store there wouldn't be competitors and likewise. So for you an employee who shuns another for making a mistake. I can't believe the hallowness. To anyone reading this. I am truly sorry that you had a misfortant accident. But please remember we're human. We make mistakes. We're sorry. Hope you have a better time the next. I come to work every day wanting to make their shopping experience the best. Then I read stories or reviews like these were fellow workers smite each other down. For what? We all work for the same company. Get off your high horse - instead of saying this wouldn't ever happen here - say it happens everywhere but I'm sorry that it happened to you. Everyone makes mistakes. I'm glad you got refunded. Hopefully the next time around they will be more careful.

0 1 Reply

Apr 20, 2014 #807135

Why on earth do you keep returning to Publix if every experience is so traumatic? There are lots of alternate places to shop!

6 1 Reply

Apr 05, 2014 #802416

Cashier here. I can tell you why this happened. The number for asian pears are 406 which are by quantity. The number for a cucumber is 4062 also by quantity, green onions are 4068. The cashier likely thought they hit the last number on either of those and keyed in 4 thinking the dialog box was for the correct vegetable when in fact it was for a pear by mistake. We are humans, we are not robots. I'm sure if the cashier realized their mistake they would have been terribly sorry and you would have been given a refund and got to keep the other vegetable free of charge.

Apr 05, 2014 #802246 Celebration, Florida

How can you claim to have lost $8 when you show a refund slip for $8?

Apr 05, 2014 #802320

Easy he is the one scamming and cheating, this person is not that bright, if you read his other reviews you will see his math and reading skills are that of a kindergarten level.

8 0 Reply

Apr 04, 2014 #802137

All you did was show that Publix took care of the mistake. Cashiers are not doing it intentionally.

Apr 03, 2014 #801784 Titusville, Florida

God forbid a company makes a mistake, especially when dealing with thousands of products on a daily basis. It's your responsibility to check your receipt and that you were charged correctly. Obviously they refunded you and you got the pears for free so I don't see the problem.

First Born Triplet

Apr 03, 2014 #801788 Markham, Ontario

Yeah, but this person seems to have a grudge against Publix. This is the fourth complaint made against them. I wonder why they keep returning if they keep getting shafted. The problem was solved so I don't see the issue here. Yeah like that other poster said everyone makes mistakes, even the OP made a few errors.

7 0 Reply

Jun 11, 2014 #826455

That's the point, Publix is so arrogant that they don't think they make mistakes. That is the purpose of their policy. I bet this poor cashier got an ear full from management.

0 7 Reply

Apr 03, 2014 #801780

For someone complaining about mistakes you sure have a lot of spelling and grammar mistakes in your review. Can't you pay attention to what you are posting? Apparently you can't. I can't believe an adult such as yourself has many spelling and grammar errors. First of all Can't needs a contraction. Second a sentence begins with a capital review. You did not to this all the time. Publix is the name of a store so should begin with a capital, You forgot to add a period on your last sentence.

3 1 Reply

1-20 of 22 comments

Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.