1.4
Layout of Store

I had a prescription called in to the Publix Pharmacy in sun lake center, FL, for humalog , which is the formulary insulin for the AARP Medicare Rx program and was told it was filled. I was going to pick it up the next morning and received a call from the pharmacy the next morning stating that their corporate office had reviewed the claim and stated they could not fill it because the stand alone prescriptions program reimbursement rate was too low.

Publix is contracted as a preferred provider for the AARP prescription program and have contracts in place to accept their insurance. I could not believe this response from the corporate office since they have a contract in place. I called AARP and they told me that they should not be refusing my prescription and they would be reporting up to AARP mgt.

I find this to be deceptive practices by Publix and will not ever use their pharmacy or purchase groceries from them again. Stay away from Publix pharmacy if you have the AARP prescription program,

Reason of review: Not as described.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

I didn't like: Unethical business practices.

Comments