Treatment of employees in warehouse

I was employed by Publix Super Markets in the early 70's. While working for them in their warehouse I was injured and hurt my back. The company doctor said and insisted I had a sprained back and put me on light duty for 1 week. After a week had passed I felt no better and returned to the doctor once again and once again was told that it was a simple sprain. I found that while you are able bodied at the warehouse, management was fairly nice to you. Once you were injured you became a employee who was distanced bye management. I proceeded to work injured and finally collapsed one day on the job. I decided to go to my own doctor and was then referred to a neurosurgeon. Upon doing so and after extensive testing in and out of the hospital They found deterioration of the spine and surgery was a necessity. Once the management of Publix was notified they wouldn't give me the right time of day. While I laid in the hospital I never got so much as a card or a visit from any supervisors at any time. An injured employee is treated like vermin. Unless the company has changed and I doubt seriously they have, I would not recommend working for them. I am now 72 years old and had three surgeries on my back because of the injury sustained. I have lived with pain on a daily bases since getting hurt. Publix is called a great southern Baptist operation but they failed to recognise the people that made them what they are today, a very lucrative company. They have no compassion for employees but do have a great love for a exorbitant profit. After the family took over operations from Mr. Jenkins the store no longer stayed closed on Sunday and operates 7 days a week. So much for the great southern Baptist organization they profess to be.

I work at 617 in Watkinsville and have filed at least three incident reports when I sustained injuries on the job. Each time I was treated with the utmost concern for my safety.

I was covered by workers comp with no harassment from my bosses, and was told to stay on the clock the time I had to leave work to go to the approved urgent care clinic for one of the injuries. In fact, we ge in trouble if we don't report an injury. Recently, an employee at 617 was out for months due to a pretty bad fracture, and he returned to his same hours, schedule and department and has been treated only with kindness and concern from management.

I can't fathom how any managers could get away with the stuff I've read on here, let alone why they chooseto act this way. I think all you guys should come work in Watkinsville.

The consensous with employees is that if you complain or report something at Publix, your days are numbered. That's why I choose to remain anonymous.

I curently work at one of the warehouses. I am apalled by the way Publix has chosen to operate their business and treat their employees. I have witnessed everything from racial discrimination to out right stupidity in the management.

If you are not one of the "clic" you are just a body that can be replaced, no matter how good of a job you do. People that are far more capable to perform a higher paying job are passed over in the name of "seniority". Then this person ends up getting fired for poor performance. Their "point" system is so outrageously unfair, their is no appeals process, what the supervisor decides is final, there should be an appeals process where other employees are involved in decided what punishment is approriate.

I also have witnessed instances of employees that were injured on the job being punished. Also the attitude of supervisors changes when you report an injury.

The people in charge are 25 to30 year employees and are more interested in their bonuses than the working people, who with todays economy are struggling just to make their house payment.

Publis is not a great place to work.

Just give me your email and I will send you a email get well soon card if it makes you feel better.

I am truely not at all surprised to learn of how you were treated by your supervisers. publix has over the years digressed into a corporate monster more interested with profits than it's people.

Mr. Jenkins would be ashamed of what his family has done and what his company has become.

View more comments (4)
High Point, North Carolina

Associates that don't do their job and want to move up the easy way.

I have worked for publix for 10 yrs. and have never worked with such lazy people in my life. There are only a couple of people in our deli that actually care about the business and the customers. The others just like to talk about their co-worker's and try to make themselves look and feel better about themselves. They are trying to get ahead by making others look bad. I have noticed that the closer that I and the other few get to management that we are disrespected and rumors are spread. We just keep ignoring it b/c we know that if we respond to it we will feed the hostility. This is an excellent way to vent. It's just sad that people can be so mean and try to take away your joy. If they want to get ahead they need to talk to their manager and get things started for themselves. People who try to take away other people's livelihoods are just plain mean b/c to them this is just a job not a career. But to me it is hard being a single mom w/ no extra income coming in. This is my career and this is how I am providing for my daughter. Thank you for listening.

I know exactly what you mean, I hear you

:roll It's a FACT the ones who don't do anything get promoted. If you look around life, the successful/rich aren't doing anything except counting their money while the drones are working their butts off for very little pay. My suggestion is: Why don't you do less, order the other employees around, come up with a new way to run the department, and have a new job outside of Publix lined up.

someonewhohasaheart, I asked the admin because I suspected that you are the OP. It turns out the OP, (person who wrote this letter and you are the same person.) Or atleast you have the same IP address.

He has a a point in this letter (your letter) you are talking about how poorly coworkers do their work. Just do your job properly and the promotion will come like the Publix employee said.

Also don't post comments with other people's names. When caught it makes you look foolish. Also for your information Ghostbuster is like eleven years old and does not have a job. Just shows you how foolish you are by not checking the facts before posting. I suspected that someonewhohasaHEART, and Deliclerk were the same people but did not post anything without proof. That way I don't make a fool of myself like you did.

I have worked for Publix long enough to know that whether you decide to take the path to management or not is YOUR choice. The people who get recognized for management are those with "management skills".

Complaining to management 24/7 about your co-workers and/or customers is not considered a good management skill. I know from working customer service that the deli counter is one of the hardest positions to work at any store, let alone Publix, where the attention is on premier customer service.

My hat goes off with kudos for a job well done to anyone who can deal with the mob scene in front of the deli counter with a smile. Hang in there, if you are looking for promotion, your time will come.

maybe ghostbuster is one of those lousy and lazy people you are talking about..and what kind of person makes insults of how good a mother is teaching her daughter..I don't know you and I don't think anyone else here does..I'm sorry when I read your letter..I felt where you were coming from and then I read this judgemental @hole's comment...sorry that you have to work with those people..I work for publix and put up with a lot of *** from bad people..as for working for ten years...I give kudos for staying with the company for so long..as for not moving up to management..it sounds like you finally decided Publix was the company for you and I hope you make it..don't listen to the haters..cuz they will pull you down..I'm sorry there are not more people who believe in doing their job and doing it well..and people who treat other people with the respect they deserve.

You could not have been doing a good job if after ten years you did not move up. Since you are writing this letter perhaps you are one of the employees that are talking bad about co-workers to make them look bad in hopes to get a promotion. Good lesson to teach your daughter.

View more comments (5)
Atlanta, Georgia

Derespect me

im a worker at store 1150 in the deli i dont under stand how a worker can get away with touching on other worker and dont get and trouble.i dont think that right.and dont think that mangerment should sit and talk about other worker to other worker and tell them what going on with you that suppose to be private. i think something need to done about that .the manager is so rude she has no respect for no one .she sit and talk about people and tell other people business. i was having a real problem and she went and another worker .

You obviously never paid any attention during the training process.. IF YOU HAVE A PROBLEM CONTACT HR.

IF HR DOESNT HELP GO UP ON THE CHAIN, TAKE IT ALL THE WAY TO THE TOP.

also, hooked on phonics and a grammar school would help. Its hard to take someone seriously if you have horrible grammar

GO TO HUMAN RESOURCE. IF THAT DONT WORK GO HIGHER. ITS AGAINST THE LAW TO BE HARRASED IN ANY WAY

no offense.

but you have to be black to write like that.

not even us po dunk whiteys are that bad.

seriously!!!!!!!!!!

I would suggest getting hooked on phonics and doing a spellcheck before you write anything else.

With the lack of written skills ( and probably verbal as well) ,I'm surprised Publix employed him. Stop beng such a cry-baby, and just do your job.

Sexual Harrassment can be a real problem and a lot goes unreported. Human resources takes any type of complaint like this very seriously. Associates and managers have been terminated for it

i agree with this statement

I strongly urge you to contact human resources.

I suggest you look in your Employee handbook for something along the Line of Employee Feedback Process and use that to voice your concerns.

View more comments (8)
Orlando, Florida
Publix Manager

Did not respond to my consumer complaint letter!

The below was sent via postal mail to the address that was provided on their website related to consumer relations/complaints. To date, I have yet to hear from anyone, electronic, postal mail or by phone. Boy! Do I feel invisible ~ I would not have thought that such a large and established facility such as Publix would treat one of their consumers this way. Well, good goat, was I wrong to speculate such a thing!!! June 6th, 2008 Publix Super Markets Corporate Office ATTN: Consumer Relations PO Box 407 Lakeland, FL 33802-**** To whom this may concern: I would like to communicate my experience at your store located on South Semoran Blvd. In Orlando, FL. Store# 0350. Shopping date: 5.18.08 @ 5:00 PM. I had almost completed my shopping list as I approached the fruit department. I selected the bananas, tomatoes, and celery that were upon my list. As leaving the department the “cut up” fruit caught my eye. Particularly the cantaloupe… There was an employee there (of Asian descent, smaller man, perhaps Korean?) placing new heads of lettuce in their appropriate little casing there. I approached him and asked: Could I trouble you for a moment? I showed him the cantaloupe that had piqued my interest and said to him: I don’t care to pay for someone to cut up my fruit, would you perhaps, select a good one for me over here, (the whole ones) as I am not knowledgeable on a good selection of one. His response to me was: All these are just put out. Me: OK… would you be as so kind as to select a good ripe one for me? Him: All these are just put out. Me: OK… I understand that, what I am requesting of you is to select a good ripe for me. Him: (circling his hand over the whole display) All these are just put out. I looked around the department for a member of management ~ to no avail. I even looked through the double (push) doors there. There wasn’t anyone. Needless to say, I didn’t select a cantaloupe; as previously stated: I didn’t/don’t have knowledge in terms of making a good selection… I completed the remainder of my list and stood in the checkout line for quite some time. I looked over where the Administration department is/was to see if I could spot a manager. Since the lines were so long out where I was, he and other staff members were telling folks to bring their items over there. By this time it now was almost 6 PM and I needed to leave and quickly get home to tend to an animal. I left the fruit department shaking my head in disbelief ~ I left the store being puzzled and disgruntled ~ thinking to myself, why did he not bother to want to stop stocking his lettuce and assist me? I thought, perhaps, someone might be interested in hearing my story. I have been a Publix shopper for many a year now. Best regards,

I've noticed a lot of people who actually take the time to write corporate are very good writers. You drew me in!

Anyhow, speaking fluent English is not a requirement to work there I believe.

He probably spoke very little and thought he was on the same page as you seeing how he was speaking the exact same phrase over and over. Just a thought...

I agree that the produce worker should have been able to comprehend your question. If he or she didn't understand you, perhaps another employee could have been consulted. However, I wouldn't expect advice from a produce worker at Publix, or any store like Publix for that matter.

The reality is that most of these people are low wage workers who are not expected to know anything. From my experience in retail, most of the lower class public are very simple and unable to discern. Their jobs don't require them to make decisions, and they tolerate mediocrity. As a result, they begin to loose the decision making skills they had prior to the job, and also loose touch with constructive criticism.

My advice is to never ask these people anything. They aren't in your league and your *** won't make a difference. Instead, forgo the cantaloupe until you can figure out how to select a ripe one yourself. Alternately, give your money to a store that fosters employees who are at least semi intelligent. Good luck.

Select it yourself you are not five years old.

That is just a really dumb complaint.

I don't think publix would be the type of company that would put any sub quality product out. I bet if you would have picked up any one of the canteloupe you would have been very satisfied... just saying.

Publix employees don't have time to help every *** bag that is too *** to select their own fruit!

Sherilee,

First of all let me say how sorry I am for your experience... Please know we have 140K associates who work hard everyday to please our customers..and once in a while we do fail to meet the expectations of our customers...

Try us again..I'm sure we will do much better.. If you have any trouble please ask to speak to the Store Manager...He/She will see your situation is corrected ...

I'm not taking sides : but what some people consider ripe is not always the same as what others do.

Allot of people like canteloupe at the stage I consider overly ripe, too sweet. (that's not a criticism: I notice that the cut melon put out by Publix is often a little more ripe than I like,but it sells well so I assume most people like it that stage)

Perhaps the gentlemen in the produce department was simply trying to avoid selecting a melon

because he has no way of knowing what degree of " ripe" you prefer?

ok first it's not called a "fruit department", its called a produce department you annoying self righteous twit. second, publix only puts out good, ripe fruit.

The gentlemen told you that they were just put out, in an attempt to tell that they are all good. How would it serve him to put out produce that was in less than perfect condition? as for the long wait in line, well sorry, go to sweetbay, they have no lines, no customers, and few employees for good reason.

oh by the way, for future reference don't press your ugly face against double swing doors, its just not smart. are you the animal that needed tending?

Hi there: I believe I read that once you/someone posted a complaint that this site would perhaps send it forward to the complaintee'. Is this accurate? I was recommended to this site and it is a wealth of information I must say...

View more comments (9)
Winter Park, Florida

My horrible experience at Publix

I shop at Publix weekly. I use coupons for every item I purchase. Recently I used a Publix coupon that was for $5 off of a $35 purchase. The customer service representative checked me out and told me that the coupon was a fake. I let the customer service manager know that I cut it out of a newspaper myself and that it wasn't fake. She said that there were not any of those particular coupons circulating in the area. I told her that I knew that becuase I got the coupon while visiting friends in Tennessee (I'm in SC). She then said she would not let me use it. I asked why and then she changed her story and said that my total was not $35. It was, but I used other coupons that brought my total down to around $3. I told her that was no problem that I could just grab another item. She said, "I'm not paying you to shop here." What? I dont' want to be paid to shop there I just want to use the coupon. It didn't state that there were any restrictions on the coupon. I then told her she was being rude and her response was, "Okay" Not "Sorry, I didn't mean to be rude", or "sorry, I misunderstood your intent." She just laughed and said, "okay." I then asked if I could have the penny item for the day. She said, "I guess." What? You guess? I told her I didn't appreciate being treated like a criminal for trying to use my coupons and get the penny item. She just laughed again and said, "Okay." Doesn't this grocery store chain pride themselves on customer service? Well, if this is how they treat their customers I don't see how they are still in business. What has happened to customer service? It's now a thing of the past. What happened to losing your job if you couldn't perform it?

you are a scammer and a dumb one at that. You should be ashamed.

Not only that, you have the AUDACITY to complain ONLINE about this.

Go to walmart. And get a JOB.

:?

First off, to get a $35 puchase to $3 would require using coupons that you shouldn't have been able to use. They probably didnt say any thing because they knew you would wine and complain, until they'd rather just give it to you rather than call up a manager to embarass you in front of the 10 person line you have backed up. Avoiding a confontation at the loss of store profit goes BEYOND customer service.

It could have ended there. You could have walked off with the products at a fraction of the price (practically stealing) with the always loved customer happy. But that wasn't enough i suppose.

You: "why can't i use this coupn?!?!"

Publix: " Because 3-5=-2"

You: "So?!?!"

Publix: "Allow me to get this straight dear and beloved customer. You want us to give you 2 dollars, so that you can walk out the door with products that have to be made up by several more sales anyway just to make even?"

You:"uhhh, yeah! Why not?"

Publix: "Because mam, that is known, in most civilized countries, as stealing."

You: :cry :cry :cry :cry

So you didn't get your free groceries. Oh no. Now Publix won't have to suffer for the actions of another customer looking to rip off one of the finest grocery stores in the US.

get over it

#32061

it seems to me that missy here is the "***" or "ignorant individual" the reason the customer service manager said publix would be paying you to shop there is b/c there would have been a negative subtotal if that coupon had been use. which plainly states publix PAYING you to shop there! if you are so poor or broke or whatever the *** you are, why dont u go get yourself some food stamps or start shopping at walmart or some other trashy store where all the other cheap people shop and quit wasting your time cutting coupons and typing *** blogs that dont even have legit facts. publix coupons (which is the one you were trying to use) do not get reimbursed! however vendor coupons do get reimbursed and they DOUBLE (sometimes depending on the amount) so you're actually get a better deal by using those and it works out better for publix too.

and for SCOTT who supposedly works there you're dumb if u think publix deserves an *** kicking. yea i will admit the customer service manager didnt handle it entirely well but i can tell u right now if MISSY calls corporate they will listen to u then hang up and laugh at you b/c that is a ridiculous reason to waste your time to call corporate about. the slight rudeness yes, the coupon NO!

&& calling someone an \"***\" isn\'t a lame insult? And obviously you didn\'t know that, seeing as you said \"the stores are reimbursed for thier coupons tou ***.\"Wow, honey, the topic at hand is that some *** *** wanted Publix tp pay HER for shopping at thier store...

and thanks for telling me to \"Get a Life\"... I haven\'t heard that since grade school!

Really? Wow!

Thanks for clarifying that for me! It really takes a smart person to figure that out! As if everyone reading your lame comment couldn't figure that out.

Get a life!

:roll You are one ignorant individual if you have to resort to lame insults. Your still an ***.

Um, MISSY, Publix store coupons aren't reimbursed, they come out of the companies pocket... only vendor coupons get accredited. =]] Check your resources, skank.

In response to the *** *** you? The stores are reimbursed for the coupons you ***.

Well I work for publix myself and honestly they deserve an asskicking.... THE BEST THING YOU CAN DO is call there corporate office, get the name of the girl/boy whomever it was and make a personal complaint, then call the store manager there and tell them about your experience and that you have already informed corporate and you WILL have your revenge.

Publix prides on there customer service and if they find out anything that will soil that good name they will take action against that employee.

Aren't retailers supposed to make some kind of profit? Your total would have been negative had the coupon been used.

Jesus, it's 3 *** dollars. It won't break you, sweetie, promise.

Keep going there and each time have a "little accident" while inspecting a few cartons of eggs. "Whoopsie" Don't bother to tell any of the store employees about it either.

View more comments (9)
Greenville, South Carolina
Product
Publix Coupon

Completely different atmosphere at store.

As a shopper in the Duluth Georgia area, I have frequented the Publix store at Duluth Station shopping center; and have been shopping there frequently over the past 10 years. I have noticed a huge difference, in a negative way, in about the last year or 2. The morale of the people is not what it was during the first few years the store was open. In speaking with a few of the people working there, the concensus seems to be that they are unhappy with the store manager. There have been rumors that the manager has been talking sternly to employees while they were on the sales floor with customers in close proximity. This should be done in private or not at all. The employee turnover in the store has jumped dramatically over the recent months. I have to wonder why this may be occuring. Why would people be quitting and/or requesting transfers out of the store if they were happy with their store manager? Hmmmm, I wonder. I have also overheard people talking about the low morale of the store; contributing it to the store manager. There doesnt seem to be a lot of respect for the manager at this time. This raises another question......How can a business be sucessful if the manager(s) dont have the trust and respect with the people working with(for) them. Maybe it's time for this manager to move on to another location where she can have a better fit with the employees.

The store probably went from a SM that was way lax, to a hardass. What she's doing may not necessarily be wrong, she might just be cleaning house and hiring more efficient people, and fine tuning the ones who decide to stick around.

When people (like the ones you have talked to) feel mistreated, they tend to exaggerate situations. Publix is also a company of very high standards. I've always said that if Walmart was ran by Publix standards, Publix would be out of business. So that may be what the manager is simply expecting, higher standards from her employees.

Im kind of old school myself. I believe if you have a job, you should take pride in it and simply do your best every single day and you will be rewarded in kind. In doing your best, I mean the best In your company's and manager's definition. If it means doing a little bit more to meet your manager's definition so be it.

Its not kissing up, it's doing what you are paid to do. There are always options if what's requested of you is inhumane or beyond your want to do. Some people chose their option as leaving. I know this is lengthy, but I will end this by saying those employees who decided to stick with this manager needs to keep their emotions to themselves and share with the proper parties, not the customers.

It's unprofessional. These people who are talking to you about it are obviously the ones getting reemed by the new boss.

Can you guess why? They lack professionalism and probably think of work as an adult daycare.

I know exactly which store you're talking about and I am very thankful that I don't work there. I would never be able to work for the store manager at 585.

people that have been at that store have transferred because of her.

people that have worked for publix for years have quit because of her. but her superiors don't care because she knows how to kiss up to them.

i have seen in many cases that the store manager can make a huge diffrence in a store. one our great messages at publix is " publix will be a little better place to work or not quit as good because or you." this is one of the truest messages i have read. one great thing about publix is that the employees can have a huge affect on what happens in our company, i hope the employees our doing all they can i up-hold the value of what matter most to our company, customer servise....u can also do ur part to help the store u love...call, email, write, do what ever u think will make ur store the store u love

View more comments (3)
Stone Mountain, Georgia
Publix Manager

Response to publix deadly comment

Let me correct the individual who wrote that the produce is shipped frozen... it is not shipped frozen at all and publix stores get their produce deliveries 7 days a week from the deerfield distribution center. why would u say such a thing ? i am sure if u look hard enough u can manage to complain about something legitimate. I actaully work for the company which u incorrectly report about, so i think i would notice if the produce delivery showed up in a frozen food truck and the temperature was below thrity two degrees. in fact all refridgerated product is shipped at a temperature of between thirty eight and forty degrees.

The comment that produce is shipped frozen is ludicrous. IF the poster knew anything about produce, he/she would know that freezing raw produce pretty much renders it inedible unless cooked.

A good example are grapes and berrys. Once they are frozen they have to be eaten that way or processed in some way.

:grin hello all produce trucks are ref

not frozen 7 days a week to have fresh produce everyday 8) :sigh :( :( :cry :cry :cry :cry :cry :cry :cry :cry

dude, get a life.

View more comments (2)
Miami, Florida

How to get screwed at Publix

I have worked for Publix for 3 years, what a crock of ***, the politics in that company. It's true that you have to be sucking someone's *** to get anywhere. i was sent to another location to help, I was belittled , and screwed with. A complaint to the store...

The sad thing about Publix employee s is it is the same everywhere no one cares and if you do keep it to yourself because the minute you say a word you become the problem funny how that works like you are a role model employee how ever you are inconsiderate of fellow coworkers how is that possible well it must be I know it well. I also know if there are problems in a department keep it to yourself if rules are broken keep it to yourself if you don't it will come back to *** you believe it or not get don't fix anything they just don't address it at all so you better get use to that bad attitude or find another job or YOU will become the problem and that problem will be delt with

Orlando, Florida

Great Company

Publix is an awesome company to work for.There are some pros and cons as there are to any company. In the long run you can make lots of money and have a decent retirement. I am a manager and I love what I do but I also do wonder sometimes if it is worth it to work the...

Unless your going for a manager position what the *** do you expect to get out of working in retail?

I'm guessing 99% of the people who work at Publix stores aren't doing so because they have a million options. If all you got is a high school degree and you get a job as a manager, you've vastly over-achieved for your education level. Quit your *** if you don't enjoy the job and find a new one.

On the other hand, you're going to be disappointed if you walk into a Publix and expecting to get a full-time (which is how you get all the great benefits) position right off the bat. MOST people at the store are NOT full-time, and when a full-time slot opens up, a lot of people will be asking for it.

The same goes for being a manager, obviously you got to put in the time before they'll promote you. Which makes me wonder how these people survive before they get their manager positions, living off 9 to 10 bucks an hour.

But good luck finding a job that has great vacation time, no *** customers to deal with, smart co-workers, and great pay. Except for the movie stars and pro-athletes of the world, everyone's job has *** aspects of it.

Although I'd agree working retail sucks the most. Its mindless, boring work, that occasionally involves some *** *** on you, often for no reason at all. Its good motivation to keep your *** in school, so you can do something less pathetic.

Sarasota, Florida

Back Stabbers

It amazes me the amount of *** that is talked at publix.Things are always embellished and exageratted. There is a particular manager who is the ring leader of gossip. She constantly talks about other people and then blames others for it. She is always putting others who are doing better in their personal lives down with her miserable life. She will do what ever it takes to save herself. Even if the other person gets fired or in trouble. She never can fess up and take the blame for her own actions its never her fault. She does an awesome job of always playing the victim and says everyone is against her. She is a conniving and vengeful. It is Publix policy to leave personal problems at home and yet she brings it with her everyday. She will demene you in front of customers and ha stold customers how awful a job her associates are doing. This is her fault if she would train them better this would not be a problem if she herself would know what she was doing. She tells others how she can do a much better job but has yet to prove it. I think she does not deserve to be a manager and is giving a good company a bad name.

I was surprised to hear two people in upper management and another staffer in an aisle talking about kicking another staffer's *** The few customer skirmishes were nowhere as volatile. I must be old and invisible.

I almost left the store in fear of a battle. What happened to non-public rants?

all you people that come on to here to complain are to much of a chicken *** to stand up for yourselves, hold firm or be proud.

if something bothers you that is done by anyone, manager or not, you need to speak up. say whats on your mind.

if you cant join the good ole boys club then you need to intimidate them.

i personally dont give a *** if i offend them cause they have offended me, ***'em.

this is my 2nd time around at publix and i will be damned if i will put up with some b*llsh*t manager or associate.

i've done too many things in my life to put up with these punk*sses.

*** publix

wow :eek

I agree with this. There are many people at publix who will do anything to get ahead. There is gossip at every store that is mostly made up by people who are jealous or bored.

View more comments (4)
Sarasota, Florida
Publix Manager

It's all about the bottom line

I have been with Publix for eleven years.I am a produce manager.Publix does not care about there people like they say. It's all about how much money the owners make. Stock keeps going down but profits keep going up.What do we get in return, less help,money taken...

Cry baby! Go get another job then!

ID
#120826 Review #120826 is a subjective opinion of poster.
Tampa, Florida

Publix Sexist Racist Mike Melville

Mike Melville, a racist, sexist in Deerfield Dairy Plant has been arrested for domestic violence, calls black employees "boot lips" in his private life, committed adultery, and was disciplined for improperly handling a sexual harassment claim. But I bet you...

ho he ho

ID
#120422 Review #120422 is a subjective opinion of poster.

Publix Online

i am so pissed at publix online!!! I cant go online to publixs website and look for there products online before i go and buy it. All they have is this *** about some *** I dont even know what it *** is. I just want to look for a Crest *** Spinbrush Pro and I cant *** do it!!! Publix sucks *** balls. And there *** suckers!!!!!!!!!! And now im even more mad because i cant write a pissed report with only 68 words in it. I need 100. But that is all i have to say. so this is *** *** licking ***!!!!! There now i have 100+ words.

First off you are *** lazy by not going in or calling, dont blame us for that. Second anonymous in florida, just state the truth, you stloe the meal, you can say you forgot to pay but if you went to the gas station and "forgot" to pay for your gass they would throw your *** in jail so be glad you just got suspended

Writer is a whiner and complainer. Too *** lz to go to store and look.

Oh my such a bother. Get a life and hope you enjoy Publix. They are a great store and you are the one tha sucks.

Stay mad and get on with your miserale life!!!!!!!!! :zzz :zzz :zzz

Writer is a whiner and complainer. Too *** lz to go to store and look.

Stay mad and get on with your miserale life!!!!!!!!! :zzz :zzz :zzz

I was suspended for forgetting to pay for a 5 dollar meal. I offered to go get a receipt and they showed me video like I was robbing a bank or something.

What a bunch of retards. There are so many retarded people working there that I can't eat in the lunch room. Always full of idiots talking about nothing.I was suspended for 7 days..rediculous. Publix is always short handed and I know why.

They don't value their employees at all..screw them and the grease ball who started the company. BTW, I am sure his last name is 'George Jenkins' he is about as italian as it gets and also, where did he get the money in 1930 to start a store?

I mean, right after the depression there was so much money around..right?! can everyone say 'mafia'?..good

Why are comments like this even allowed to be posted? You aren't helping anybody, not even yourself!

You don't even have real works to explain the problem or how you feel. Look inward and check your own attitude and perspective if you want change in your life and situation.

publix has great subs

Dear Fawanda,

You are a smart ***. Why don't you get off your lazy *** and get a life! :roll

Dear lazy person if you are to lazy to get up and go the store and look for the product youself its your fault. Publix is not wal mart they have great customer service.

I'm sure you could also call and ask if you can't figure out how to drive your car. :cry

View more comments (7)
ID
#119998 Review #119998 is a subjective opinion of poster.

Politics at Publix

I have worked for Publix for7 years 4 of them were as an asst.deli manager.In the 4 years I tested for deli manager once a year and had high passes and was denied promotion. Just 2 stores away a younger girl with only 1 year as an asst.deli manager gets an instore promotion while i was working there so she could have her weeks vacation. What a slap in the face!!!!!! So when I get there I work as hard as ever because that position was not filled yet. 1week of correcting all things that were wrong in the deli, shining ever so brightly so I thought.During the week an afro-american came to me with concerns of racial slurs made to her, I immediatly went to the store manager to help with this issue, I did what I thought was right for the associate.Well now friday is here and its time for me to return back to my store really believing I was finally got the promotion,and it was over. I went to bat for an associate and her rights and i was wrong cause thats not the way Publix and politics.Needless to say "IF YOU DON'T PLAY,YOU PAY." I worked for Publix for another 6 months and was treated so badly that I walked away after 7 years. And today 2 months later my associates still call me and complain to me how they are be treated with no respect and no dignity.

Sounds like you where a bad asst. Deli manger, when the company promotes it because of dedaction and up holding the companies core values...not time of service .let me guess you called in all the time and where best buds with your associates and not acting like a manger!

It's so sad to see people still trying to blame their shortcomings on race or gender. If you can't get anywhere, it's because of you.

#20255

Try being over 40 and going for a management position. Then if you finally do get it they make the 1st year pure *** trying to get you to step down so they can say see we told you the old ones can't handle it.

publix does discriminate. racially and sexually.

as a female i was told that i wasn't even worth the paper work to train.

i've been at my store for years and i love the people i work with and most of the managers. i just can't seem to get anywhere in that store.

View more comments (6)
ID
#119089 Review #119089 is a subjective opinion of poster.
Longboat Key, Florida
Publix Manager

How to move ahead in Publix.

To put it in a nutshell ,if your not related to people in a higher position or a "kiss *** " your screwed. Publix finds ways to pay people less then they deserve.Understaffing cutbacks ,scoring less on a evaluation ,keeping you later then schuduled when they...

I clocked out 15 mintues early by mistake...i wonder if im gonna be fired?

ID
#119084 Review #119084 is a subjective opinion of poster.
Fort Lauderdale, Florida