COREY BROWN AND PUBLIX 629

It has brought to our attention that your safety has been placed at risk by Publix supermarkets An individual convicted of RAPE and COCAINE/POSSESSION, ROBBERY/STRONGARM this individual has not been positive asset to your city and has gone back to their old ways. This...

corey brown 7/19/1974 26169****

Fort Lauderdale, Florida

PUBLIX HIRES RAPIST

i found this on the net, WOW, My sister was a victim of rapist about 17 years ago she never got over it, this makes my blood boil over! I will never shop at Publix again! Possession of cocaine and rape charge but with the help of his mother who happen to be in the house at time the rape was downgraded to assault Now Publix supermarkets has Employed this person to work around women and children what do you think! Let them know! Contact Publix about Corey Brown at 863-688-**** 19955 NW 2nd Ave North Miami Beach, FL 33169-**** See for yourself. Dade County Courts http://www2.miami-dadeclerk.com/cjis/CaseSearch.aspx Coalition against Sexual Crimes

I would not think , this would going on at publix, wow

#219178

MAN, THIS WHAT YOU GET WHEN YOU HIRE EX CONS

did your sister enjoy it at least?

The worst thing about it is when he commited the rape against my sister he was only 10. If he can do this at 13 then who knows what he can do later on.

My sister was nine at the time. He was sexually abused by a baseball coach before he turned on my sister served him right that it happened to him before and hope it happens again. Then later he used drugs when he was 16. He just invited her over when this happened.

Mother did not think anything suspicious of inviting a younger girl in his house to his room. Said they were playing nintendo.

To : ( ED ) after a long time ......hey *** this guy is still liveing the life style that got him into trouble in the first place open your eyes.....or is this this guy a friend of yours!!!!!

After such a long time, I assume the person has paid their debt to society and therefore should be allowed to work or should they spend their entire life on unemployment?

I IS A CASE WHERE A PERSON MOVES UP IN THE COMP. AND THEN IS LOOK AFTER BY THE PERSON OR PEOPLE WHO PUT HIM THERE!

I SEE IT ALL THE TIME WITH MANAGERS GIVEING A GOOD SHIFT TO A WOMAN THEN TRYING TO *** WITH THEM AND IF THEY DONT *** WELL GET READY TO CLOSE EVERY NIGHT..

WOW , What is this world coming to!

View more comments (7)
Fort Lauderdale, Florida

They turned me over to the State Attorneys for a returned check of 28.17 without notifying me prior

i wrote a check to publix for 28.17 and it was returned, so they never notified me from publix and they sent my check to the state attorneys office and now i have to pay 258.17 for a 28.17 check. That is so wrong, they are charging me for a class $180, I think they should be able to verify that they actually sent the letter, and they don't even keep a copy of a letter they send a customer who's son worked there and practically is in the store everyday of the week. They are heartless people.

How many notices do you need? Your bank sends you one.

The store is not required to do so.

Most people with bad checks know the check is bad when they write it. Pay what you owe and move on.

#1197405

The store in Coconut Creek, FL. @ Lyons & Coconut Creek Pkwy., has gone downhill after the transfer & promotion of manager Rick Bernat to it's other store.

I will be buying items for lower prices at a Walmart, Target & Going Bananas from this day forward, unless new & other management is either put in place or if Rick Bernat returns. I am NOT alone on this comment as my community across the street, is privately bused there 5 times a week & do share my opinion & position.

Publix "where shopping is a pleasure" was and is not anymore! I have voiced my opinion previously, and now again today after a customer yelled out to another "I will *** kill you"!

Another asst.

manager woman was not addressing this frightening incident seeing it all come down, and I am now awaiting a phone call from the district manager after reporting this via phone~ HORRIBLE disinterested not taking proper steps to protect it's customers leaves me still over 2 hours later.....upset & thinking twice about returning to the store. Wouldn't you feel the same?

SO....I found this topic which researching a situation I am going through right now. I received a letter from the State Attorney's office in Florida for a returned check to Winn Dixie.

Here is my issue...the check was for $7.61 AND it was dated May 28, 1991 - 23 years ago...When I was a college student buying groceries. I am 99% certain this was taken care of while I was still in college.

How does this happen??? :(

@PissedConsumer817240

It can not because the statute of limitations is never over 7 years for any crime with the exception of murder. I doubt that is.really from the States Attorneys . Call and inquire

@PissedConsumer817240

I am of the knowledge that the statute of limitations o misdemeanor "worthless checks" in Florida (for criminal prosecution only-as civil penalties may still be imposed if there is restitution is ordered by the courts) is only 2 years. I am going to check now.

The truth is, and this know from personal experience...not everyone is as aware of their exact balances of numerous (in many cases) accounts and this includes credit cards which too many people do have. So, to defend the notion of a "worthless check" I do not see how any state could win the prosecution unless they could prove beyond a reasonable doubt that the person KNEW that they were doing something fraudulent at time of check presentation. It is actually true and not difficult to imagine as reality that many of us are busy people who unwittingly move faster than we would prefer and we are human so error is possible. I think that too many people just automatically presume people are doing the worst things and that a "bad check" is a "bad person"....Come on people, we are but human beings.

What happened to true justice to the best of our ability as people?

What happened to inncent until proven guilty? Oh here she is on a rant rant ratatataT!

GUILTY GUILTY!!!!

"Put the GAVEL DOWN ON GUILTY!"

- This is what the cynical view of many people believe in that there are not many (if any) good, honest and dignified to varying degrees.

If everyone who somehow wrote a check that came into an "insufficient funds" wall at the bank only to be returned to the person or business (in most cases it is a business but not always) was naturally dishonest or a "bad person" then what a sad world it would really be. This suggest that majority of people who end of with a "bad check" issue is one who had absolute knowledge that they check being presented was not worthy, therefore, it is the true intent that makes this act a crime.

From Hussein and Webber legal firms website. http://www.husseinandwebber.com/crimes/theft-fraud/worthless-check/ -----"Under Section 832.05(2)(a), Florida Statutes, it is a criminal offense for any person, firm, or corporation to obtain any services, goods, or other things of value by means of a check, draft, or other written order knowing at the time of the issuance of such check that there are insufficient funds on deposit to cover the transaction. Although most prosecutions under the statute are directed at “bounced” or “bad” checks, the statute applies to a variety of orders to pay money and “commercial paper,” and to a variety of types of drawees and transactions. It even applies to debit cards."----- Statutes and Constitution- Florida Official Website for Legislation- "Online Sunshine" http://www.leg.state.fl.us/statutes/index.cfm?App_mode=Display_Statute&URL=0800-****/0832/Sections/0832.05.html 832.05 Giving worthless checks, drafts, and debit card orders; penalty; duty of drawee; evidence; costs; complaint form.— (1) PURPOSE.—The purpose of this section is to remedy the evil of giving checks, drafts, bills of exchange, debit card orders, and other orders on banks without first providing funds in or credit with the depositories on which the same are made or drawn to pay and satisfy the same, which tends to create the circulation of worthless checks, drafts, bills of exchange, debit card orders, and other orders on banks, bad banking, check kiting, and a mischief to trade and commerce.

(2) WORTHLESS CHECKS, DRAFTS, OR DEBIT CARD ORDERS; PENALTY.— See the links for more in depth legalese that can be understood best by taking your time and not jumping to believe the first thing that you read that sounds like what you want to believe is true. It can be difficult...I read fast so I know how this can possibly go and need to remind myself mostly. I hope this proves helpful to someone because I do not post on web forum and social media much. I use to post more but now it is so rare that I do but this time it was a direct reflex and I will move along now.

Have a great day all and may justice always be walking hand in hand with you and yours. HMB

#762054

First of all stealing someone else's checkbook and writing checks to different stores with the intent of defrauding the retailer is a crime. Using stolen checks to obtain merchandise is a crime.

These are cases that our tax dollars pay for when they are prosecuted by the state attorney's office. Publix was sending all of their uncollected checks to the state attorney's office. Of all the checks they sent over 95% did not result in prosecution. Basically, Publix was using the State Attorney's office as a collection agency.

Well, polices have changed. The DA in my county no longer allows Publix to turn over their bad checks to their office without evidence or proof that the customers intentionally attempted to defraud the store. They require testimony, video, and other forms of evidence from Publix before taking on their returned check cases. They need to focus on robberies, murders, and sex crimes.

They do not have time, money, and resources to allow Publix to clog up their office with prosecuting returned checks for $15 and $100. Now the DA is only dealing with those cases where they can actually get a conviction. In response, Publix has setup a website where you can actually go online and pay your returned check and the fines. So why is it surprising that there is a 70% drop in the cases the DA receive from Publix?

I thought these folks were all violent criminals who should be prosecuted and thrown in jail. Why are they going online to pay their checks and fees now? Why did the DA in Duval County reduce their staff because they no longer have to deal with Publix clogging up their system?

Justice was served to Publix!!!!

I agree don't blame them for being "heartless" Glad you got caught writing bad checks.

If you write worthless checks, what do you expect? Grow up and understand its a business and they don't have time to play games with you to get the ,only they originally should have had. Track your own finances they are not your personal loan company.

#762055
@PissedConsumer506687

Your comment is true. It is a business.

But give the customer the opportunity to pay and charge them fees. Sending someone to jail for $25 or $75 returned check that is going to get dismissed is not the answer. It is costing you the taxpayer $$ when this person is jailed, seek a public defender, and other court cost. Yes, that $75 check that could have been paid by the customer is now costing you the taxpayer $7500.

So now it is big business for the lawyers, judges, and jailors.

I understand what you are saying and folks should personal responsibility. Let them make good on their check first.

View more comments (55)
Loss

Where was the Seafood tasting advertised in the Herald and the individual store?

Seafood tasting advertised in the Herald and in store window. Not only in front of store but right by the seafood department! Thursday through Wednesday! Yet not ONE employee including the manager of tyhe store and the mgr. of the seafood dept. knew about it! Did'nt even know the sign was posted on the window in front of the store!!! We had to go and show it to them! Kendall Drive & 138 Ave, and store in front of Dadeland!! Could not believe it!!! Can't believe Publix screwed up! Publix customer for 25 years. What happened to my reliable Publix?
Publix Manager

Publix loves immigrants

With so many people out of work especially our veterans why does Publix hire mostly if not all immigrants in their Palm Beach area stores? Barely able to understand them even. Sick of hearing, well "no one wants these jobs so immigrants take them " Sure !! Publix is...

I especially love the Publix that hire the English as a second language pharmacy staff. Nothing better than trying to get medicine from someone you can't even understand.

What if I had a really serious problem?

This is America. I want my medicine from people who can speak proper English....and there is NOTHING racist about that.

Delray Beach, Florida

Unacceptacle cashier and customer service rep

Went to publix at lake of shoppes in leesburg florida, I order a a sub and combo and several other items . I waited 10 minutes for sub and 15 min to go through check out. After cashier rung me up she said deli did not make make my sub a combo and she didn't know how to fix. She voided everything I bought and screamed to customer service rep. Rep said send him over here. Cashier told me to go wait in very long line at customer service area. I told cashier to keep the sub and other merchandise I was buying that I didn' have any more time to waste. All the cashier had to do was add a $1.29 to the sub to make a combo. Poorly trained cashier and unacceptacle handling of situation by screaming to customer service rep. Very embarrassing. I hope the like the sub.

Before you go bashing someone else for not knowing how to do their job, learn the difference between they and the.

1) Can you imagine what a nightmare it would be if cashiers could just add or subtract dollar amounts from orders??? Just think about this for a second.

They would hit buttons by accident charging people more for their orders (which people would scream about), not to mention the ability to give discounts to friends/relatives...This is why you can't just add $1.29 to an order. Think before you complain.

2) Like others have said, You see the line before you wait in it.

You know exactly how long it is going to take and if you can't handle that then eat somewhere else. Maybe you should calm down before you write your next complaint.

:) Sorry you had what you consider a bad shopping experience from this store. I live less than a mile away and frequent this locations several times a week.

Like I said, I can't shed any light into your particular experience, but I can give my two cents.

I don't know if it's b/c there is a large senior park behind them or just their practice, but they are EXCEEDINGLY friendly. 99% of the time at least three employees besides the cashier and bagger will offer their assistance. It could be someone in produce, someone putting out more meat, or someone else. Maybe you just hit them during an extra high volume time.

I haven't tried their subs yet but it does seems to be a popular and sometimes crowded area. To me it looks like one or two people making sandwiches.

As someone who has worked at a sandwich shop, it takes a few minutes to assemble a GOOD sub. I do not work there or have any family or friends who work there.

I don't think that customers realize, like the others said before me, that non-managers and non-office staff have VERY little they can do in a situation like that.

Whatever the barcode says, that's what will ring up, and there's nothing the cashier can do without getting help.

They can't just type in $1.29 and magically appear on the bill.

Give the cashiers some slack. They're doing their job and, yes, she should've walked over to get help, not shouted across the store.

you know, there are very few people left in this world with patience. so what you waited 20 minutes total at publix for a sandwich.

big deal. everyone wants to be the first in line and waited on like you are entitled to the world. all of you complain about publix but keep coming back. WHY??

if its so bad then get your subs at winn dixie or subway and see how long your gonna wait there. we are all human . if your gonna have an attitude with the employees, how can you not expect an attitude back? like mom said "do unto others as you would have done to you" do you have a happy deamonor every day at your job and is capable of issues in your life not affecting your job?

do you treat everyone of your customers enthusiastically and as quickly as possible without making mistakes?

give me a break people! go wait in line somewhere else

in cashiers defense, everything is automated and computerized these days. You cant just randomly add money to a product all a cashier does is scan the barcodes.

an another note, the cashier should have gone to the deli real quick and gotten a new barcode.

and lastly you should of checked yourself it you got a combo or not.

I have to say in defense of the cashier. There is only so much you can do at the register.

Obviously you've never worked at a place like that. There are codes that have to be used for different departments and when you start just plugging in numbers, which you really can't, you mess up the inventory at the store.

It vary hard two take yoo searously whin yoo caint spell are yoose propar gramer.

View more comments (7)
Ocala, Florida
Loss

INJURED AT PUBLIX

Publix has to be the most pathetic store in the world. As a customer of may years I fell and injured my spinal cord and have had gargantuan pain for the past 8 years. I fell on a large pool of slippery oily grease from a chicken that fell from a defective or not...

So how is that closing down Publix thing workin' for ya?

Miami, Florida

Publix pharmacy is staffed by inept ***

My doctor wrote me a prescription for my son who has athsma and was having an attack i hurried along to the pharmacy to get his prescription. Since it has been some time since the last time he's used his nebulizer I was told the tubing and mask would need to be...

Masters level? Try doctorate.

I would've acted differently in this situation if I were the pharmacist, but the store that I work at doesn't stock these sorts of items so I'm not 100% sure on the law for it.

However as a future pharmacist I know that there are many laws that we have to follow - if your child was dying in front of us and the medication that could save them required a prescription and you didn't have one, we legally couldn't do anything about it without a prescription. It would be nice if we could morally do the right thing but with federal law in place, we could get both our license revoked and potential jail time/a large penalty.

Tampa, Florida
Publix Prescription Refill

Canyon publix boynton beach fl

It is a very nice and new center, unfurtunatelly when you are going back to your car pushing the shooping car, that place always has people from publix pressing, walking behind you to get back the shoping car , makes me feel uncomfortable, they dont show respect to any one. hope that gets fixed, because is a nice community, the publix is new, there is a lot of young families with babies, so just imagine how dificult it is trying to put your groceries in the car, watching at the babies, while you have this people in your back almost pulling the shoping car from your with no respect.

:x I once got into car wreck and had "arthritis" for like 3 days and now i TOTALLY understand why old folks like it when they have less stuff to deal with...

wich brings me to this posty here - look i understand your security fears here BUT it's an awesome for me when I can barely hold a milk jug without crying cuz it hurts so bad.

the ppl at Publix are so nice - they just want to hand-hold all way thru bcuz it makes things WAY more productive all way around.

luv n peace

!

Before you leave the check out you are asked if you need help taking your groceries to your car.

What do you say, I no understand and then leave?

What in tarnation is a SHOOPING CAR!!!!!!

SHOOP SHOOP BACK THAT THANG UP

they are paid to take your groceries out.. if youd just let them push the cart for you they would unload it and take it back.

you dont even have to tip them.... its fantastic!

Are you serious? This store has some of the friendliest employees and managers I've ever encountered.

You should be glad someone wants to take your cart off your hands after you're done. Sheesh!

View more comments (3)
Boynton Beach, Florida

You added di-sodium phosphate to your half & half cream

Publix and Hess Stations were the only places selling half & half without any additives. Publix was more reasonable. I do not buy Publix cream any longer. I buy my cream at WalGreens but it is more expensive. So I have a choice, pay more money or stop buying cream...

I agree this creamer from Publix just started carrying Disodium Phosphate. Why the change.

They want you to play double for their "GREENWISE" half and half. I am going to try and find an alternative whether it be whole milk or something.

Tampa, Florida

Working for publix with a disability

I work at 498 and I have Cerebral Palsy and am picked on and made fun at and I tell managers and they do nothing I went to hr and now I'm getting suspension for little stuff like today it was talking or being disrespectful my speech is not all that good so customers cant always under stand me and complaints on me and I get wrote up saying I'm rude hr cant seem to help me so is there anything I can do other then quit ? my manager is deanne smith she cares about no one i need help

The administrators at Pissed Consumer may or may not allow me to get you in contact with my two attorneys(a side note to the people at PC, it was only a mater of time when I got a second attorney), which brings to you the person that has cerebral palsy. I cannot guarantee that either of the attorneys will talk to you to see if you have a case.

But if you go to my blog which isibelieveintheada2013.blogspot.com and look at my reviews for Publix then you can contact me back via that method.

Now this is for the administrators at PC, please f with me and not let this get posted as I keep every form of communique and I would love to not see this comment posted on your site which is a form of disability discrimination so I can post what I just wrote to my site which BTW Cerebral Palsy lady/guy the encryption protocols at Pissed Consumer unlike my blog are non-existent . In plain words someone already hacked their site and impersonated me.

@PissedConsumer968153

My blog is ibelieveintheada2013.blogspot.com

Well if what anonymous is saying is true putting your manager's first and last name is not bright, even if you are the honest one still not a good idea. Just see if you can get someone to speak for you.

Like report it until they fix the problem. Same thing happened to this disabled worker at Walmart, she was constantly harassed by her co worker. She reported it nothing was done. Other people reported what they saw customers saw her being bullied and he was disciplined because they made a big stink about it.

Unfortunately the matter had to be brought to the police because he threatened to have his daughter make false claims about sexual abuse to any one that stood up to him. He was harassing her for little things like demanding she show him her hands every time she uses the washroom, telling her what to eat, threatening to report her to the government for fraud because she claimed she knows how to read and cook despite being disabled, telling everyone she is stealing from the government and is not really disabled (she does not get money from the government He claimed she is pretending to be disabled to get money from them because if she knows how to read and cook she does not really have down syndrome. Just keep reporting to higher ups. Make a scene if you are being discriminated against when working, (this person I talked about did and he tried to get rid of her once customers saw he was harassing and discriminating against her.

Then he kept following her around unfortunately and lied but people backed her up since there was proof. Just make a scene so people around you know that you are being bullied and discriminated against at that time, that way you have witnesses.

You should be ashamed of yourself, using your disability to hide behind being rude to people. For those of you that sympathise with this person it turned out she kept using her disability to not have to follow the rules, claimed that other employees were harassing her because she is disabled.

Of course she deleted those comments to make herself look like the victim. Basically she was one of the co workers complained that she called them *** over an argument and then when she was written up over it she used the disability card.

As for the mother of the GROWN MAN with aspburger, it has nothing to do with his disability that he is not getting promoted, more likely because mommy still fights his own battles. He needs to be independent to get a promotion, not having mommy yell at the manager everytime things don't go his way.

@PissedConsumer810753

You are misinformed Anonymous May 01, 2014 lady, Aspergers is one of the classifications I have from Social Security Disability and it is far from an excuse.

And the as far as being I quote you "You should be ashamed of yourself" you are the one of all people if your son truly has Aspergers that should be ashamed as anybody that has a mental disability should not be treated any less respectfully as one that has a physical disability. That is why the ADA is there to give equality to all people including those with disabilities. The only reason that I do not copy your whole response and make an entry on my blog for your stupidity on the subject is that you have a son that allegedly has Aspergers.

You must not have the ability to access Lexis Nexis @

LexisNexis.com LexisNexis® Legal Newsroom.

When you do go ahead and read what is written. I have access and I will provide you with it "Concerned in the ATL" as it will open your eyes to what is being taken care of but until you voluntarily identify yourself without my firm subpoenaing Pissed off Consumer dot com to cough up who you are, I will be glad to let you in on what is going on.

If you are still working for Publix or not, read my take on Publix and contact me back at the number that is in the letter.

There is a potential chance that we can show a pattern to a lawyer about disability discrimination. Plus since these comments are public record on this site for any to see what I am about to say is not directed at you but all of people that think that Publix is made up of all good people.

Publix like other companies are made up of just that "people", all with individual opinions and thoughts on what makes up a disability. They do not have the right even though they are American citizens to outwardly disbelieve in the Americans with Disabilities Act by vocalizing any comments toward you.

If you think that you have a right to say hateful things towards a caste of society then identify who you are on this site. Go on record, a record that will come back to legally haunt you, and say you have the right even in innuendo to make jokes or comments toward people with disabilities to their face or in effigy.

Those people including the manager that you talked about who have things to say to you do have the right to think anything that they want, but legally it is considered a potential hate crime and disability discrimination if they say anything publicly to you.

Those people all talk big about they can say anything that want concerning this matter but the courts will be the ones that bend them over.

@Deveon Iot

Has your case been picked up by the media yet, Ibelieve?

Making any headway in the courts?

@PissedConsumer789995

yes and btw concerned in the atl all of your responses to me now are on my blogs entry just for you. What you thought that your ip address was protected and that anybody couldn't copy what you sent me.

Wow you really are that dumb.

As for the media you were partially right until I had my blog, no one picked up the story.

Now the blog is the story.

:( my son has worked for Publix 14 years and has been asking for full time position for many years....they gave the fulltime position to someone with less years experience!!! My son has worked all departments of Publix except management.

He has Aspergers but does not use this to obtain preferential treatment, however does except to be treated fairly and be given the opportunity to apply for fulltime....I feel my son is discriminated for his disability and until we obtained medical documentation stating that my son had Aspergers he was being written up for nothing and it was rediculous. I support my son but Publix is in for a rude awakening as I am going to the EEOC , to see what they have to say and see if my son has a case.

View more comments (19)
Reston, Virginia
Publix Manager

Boycott publix markets

for some reason publix seemed fit to print a calader with a muslim holiday on it and left out pear harbor day. i called corporate hq and they said it was a holiday calender and that is why they left out pearl harbor day. this is so ridiculous i cant even form a response to this nonsense. no american calender should have muslim anything on it, and it should not leave out pearl harbor day. this is a disgrace to all those who lost thier lives fighting for our country. im saying lets all boycott publix untill they figure out whose side they are on and maybe the idiots at corporate will remember what country they live in.

i lost my job at a newspaper in pensacola fl and publix was really inspecting inserts from it and its supervisors didn't know a thing about carousel technology. i had to work there everyday to know that different supervisors aren't going to comment on when new inserts are being assembled.

you got to work there everyday to know what you're doing. those publix people ar so lazy i won't be surprised that it closes

This kid is an ***. I boycott Publix for reasons like they sell *** food- ya know those nasty gmo's and processed tv dinners with no nutritional value that's making America so obese...

As for your complaint, all I have to say is it is ignorant *** people like you who give America a bad wrap. Muslims are just as American as any christian, buddhist or atheist.

America stands by it's right to free religion and religious tolerance. GET a LIFE

*** u muslims death to you all

Have you for once considered that there are many religions in the world? Not all Muslims are "evil." People like you are a disgrace to AMERICA!

You want to know why people hate Americans? Because of brainless, thoughtless individuals such as yourself. Being a pagan I find that so many Americas forget that we have freedom of religion. Now I just wish I had freedom from religion.

I hate people like you. It's a calender! A CALENDER. I mean can I make this any more clear to you?

IT'S A CALENDER!!!!!!! Who cares?

Pearl Harbor is NOT a holiday! Get a life!

The muslim faith is one of violence and as you can see from the comments here, so are the people.

RACiST FREAK! WHO CARES YOU LOSER. MUSLiMS ARE PEOPLE

Pearl harbor day has never been on the calendar in all the years it has been published. Where was your complaint last year or the year before?

The only reason you are so "outraged" now is because of your GOP, Fox "News" style hatred of Muslims.

There are 1.8 million american CITIZENS who consider themselves Muslim. I guess they are just confused or something.

Your point comes across insensitive and arrogant. It is that kind of bashing of the muslim faith that causes a large degree of misplaced hatred in this country.

Also, Pearl Harbor Day isn't necessarily a holiday. While I agree it should be represented on the calendar, there are plenty of holidays that are probably left out that should be on there.

Overall, a boycott is a very foolish and irresponsible method for fixing a problem that can be fixed by simply taking a pen and writing in Pearl Harbor Day in the appropriate square yourself.

I agree with Snow...your comment is ignorant.

View more comments (10)
Washington, District Of Columbia

Dumb business decisions-passing cost to employee.

Publix Officials, This is lengthy so I hope you read and learn from what I am about to express to you business wise. But being Publix I am skeptical since your business decisions are so unprofessional. Publix has excellent workers (not managers) that are surely unrecognized for talent, skill and knowledge. Yet you reward them now with only a 10 to 15 cent an hour wage increase, truly an insult with no incentive to stay with Publix. There four stores in the area I work (I do work for Publix but am leaving) and there 10 people currently looking to leave Publix from those 4 stores. Even those with 10 years experience, as there so fed up with Publix now. Once family, employee oriented but not anymore and terrible pay increases. Store managers are extremely rude and the one in Perry I understand from at least 5 employees their, swears at the employees. The decision to purchase 40 Albertson food stores in Florida gives an example of unwise business decisions and common business sense. Very high upper management revealed Publix (thought) the purchased stores had to only be remodeled and cleaned up in order to open them under Publix name. Once purchased, they discovered most now have to be totally gutted out and rebuild inside. Halting the building of new stores on the agenda. This tells everyone that Publix didn't even have the sense to go to every store to examine the stores to see exactly what was involved in reopening them. All it would take was sending 10 people to go look and make a full report on 4 stores each. Obviously this didn't happen. So now it will cost Publix more. Since this purchaes they have halted buildng stores. I have extensive experience in where I work at Publix. I grew up in business since a very young age and even had two very successful businesses I started on my own, including writing the bank proposals. I have tried numerous times to talk to upper Publix managers (not store managers) on how to increase business sales in the department I work in. Every time I tried, all they could say is how much experience they have. Yet all they proved is how close-minded they are and actually know nothing about the business or business alone. For the past two years I have been helping another major food store increase their sales by thousands of dollars a week in the department I have extensive experience, skills and knowledge. I was contacted by this food store personally by upper management and asked to help them generate higher sales and less waste. They mentioned they heard about my extensive experience, skills and knowledge in the field I am in. I was asked if I would go to one of their stores to help generate higher sales, less waste. So I accepted and spend 3 hours at the store. Sales where averaging 13-15 thousand dollars a week for major holidays. This store has less then half of what Publix has in this department. By doing what I suggested and recommended their sales have now increased an average of 5-8 thousand a week for the holidays. They now generate 75% less waste, an increase of 1-3 thousand dollars weekly year round. I still help this company when needed. No, I do not accept pay from them. When asked why I don't help Publix the company I work for, I mention they don't want to hear from experience and since it doesn't come from a manager they won't listen anyway. Also Publix goes 100% strictly by the book when it comes to giving customers products and doesn't listen to workers when customers want an item placed on the floor. The customer is forced to custom order the item. Most don't want to have to order or even wait. In the past 3 weeks the store I work at for Publix has lost 5 customers (permanently) as they can't get what they want when their. The customers said they don't want to have to special order or have to come back. All said they would now be shopping at Kroger's and never return to Publix. Since they can get what they want when they walk in and not have to special order or wait. Why does this occur? Publix goes 100% strictly by the book, hurting sales. I personally figured on just one item we couldn't feature because it isn't in the book, that Publix is loosing over $600,000.00 a year. I figured just 1000 stores not actual amount of stores they now have. Publix has opportunities to lead the food store industry ahead of Kroger's. But with a closed mind, not listening to experience, skilled and knowledgeable works, having unskilled managers, I do not see that every coming to reality. Publix can have 3000 stores yet will be behind their #1 competitor Kroger's because of this. I intend to go into business for myself again, as I know I can do very well and so much better. One of the businesses I formerly had, had customers from the east coast to west coast, north to south. I acquired these customers in just 6 months. I hope this has opened your eyes on the potential you have on leading the food store industry and keeping employees from leaving for a company that still cares, listens, acts upon and takes care of its employees, including decent wage increases. Sincerely,Mr. Michaels

I work at Publix, and this has to be the worst place I have ever worked. low pay scale, constant disrespect form managers and very long wait for health insurance.

bad job choice. imo

Publix has indeed list its spirit because they are not promoting enough from within, and the founder died. Most family owned companies only last through three generations.

Publix is going down the tubes.

I can hear your frustration, I work for Publix and have also tried to offer some helpful suggestions. I believe in the spirit of Publix, I'm afraid it is the spirit of the passed.

The fact that we are writing on this site rather than, being able to speak with our Mgr. with the open-door policy. I am most concerned with the way we are treated. Publix already is not the company it was originally was meant to be, when a consciences gentlemen had a vision.

I'm sincerely sorry for all- consumer, employees and Mr. George Jennkin's dream.

You should have voiced your complaints on here: Those are the phones to complain / discuss to Publix

Main Publix Switchboard - (863) 688-****

Publix Stockholder Services - (863) 688-**** x-52323

Publix Super Markets Corporate Office

ATTN: Consumer Relations

PO Box 407

Lakeland, FL 33802-****

800-242-**** (store-related comments only)

How do you sleep at night. Do you think Publix would spend money and not have any idea what they were getting involved today, especially the way the economy is.

You Sir are an Ex employee whom got fired for not doing your job or you are so full of *** you don't know you don't now your full of ***.

because everything you mentioned is ***. You Suck

P.S> Go Publix :x

Wow, all I saw was me me me me me me I'm the greatest thing ever, yet the businesses you so successfully ran, probably into the ground, are....where? If you paid any attention to your surroundings while working and took your head out of your rear, you would have noticed there are ways to go about submitting your ideas that didn't involve calling Ed Crenshaw personally.

You being, I'm guessing, a produce clerk suggesting to carry another variety of apple because one customer asked for it, doesn't make you the end-all be-all of the retail world. Get a clue and go run another business into the ground

I had a perfect bowling game until I rolled my first ball.

You had a very informative letter until you

expressed it to others.

What you see in others, you see in yourself.

Mr. Michael's...get an education and learn how to spell...then work someplace else..some one may want your level of skill...

agreed!

This post is so *** I hardly know where to begin.

More than half of the Albertsons purchased are already open as Publix stores and more are coming on line weekly. Publix did a very thorough job of evaluating what stores needed to be gutted and which ones didn't.

View more comments (12)
Atlanta, Georgia

Asst manger

the store i shop at in Naples store 414 there is a asst manger named is Anette she is always treating the deli workers like *** she need to fired but when you tell the deli manger rick Anderson he don't want to here it he wont do anything about her he don't care about anything but him self Anette need to be talked to be removed from the store she don't derive to be a manger Anette is always stressing out on us employees she will not help us employees do anything so help us get her out of our deli

real manager - I wish could work under someone like you - theotherside is just like some other managers - you are a rare gem in this company - Vlora is like this - we had this lady manager who would scream at us in the back office until we felt like crying, over a cart take-out when the customer clearly said "no." She now works elsewhere and terrorizes other people.

THere is cameras, and proof, ppl are so *** that they dont realize most abuse is dont on the back.. so please call

Main Publix Switchboard - (863) 688-****

Publix Stockholder Services - (863) 688-**** x-52323

Publix Super Markets Corporate Office

ATTN: Consumer Relations

PO Box 407

Lakeland, FL 33802-****

800-242-**** (store-related comments only)

To post a complaint.

I only wrote this because I ws written up.

Those who can't, complain.

Education is a wonderful experience. Try it

As an actual Publix Manager, theotherside is by no means an actual manager for Publix. If they are they shouldn't and won't be for to much longer. The unfortunate situation should be looked into reguardless if it is a personal vendetta or not.

The comment from theotherside is disturbing. As a Publix manager and stockholder, you should verify that these complaints are not valid, rather than assuming the employee is at fault.

wahhhhhh!

stop ur whinning.

theotherside, u my friend said it all...

As a Pubix manager, I would like to say that I am overjoyed that you do not work in my store. Most associates that voice this type of complaint are lazy and looking for a free paycheck.

Go back to school, learn English, develop a work ethic and try to become a productive member of society. Stop playing the role of victim and take responsibility for yourself and your actions.

I shop at the same Publix and go to the same deli and never have seen any of the behavior you are talking about. I think this is a personal vendetta.

View more comments (8)
Naples, Florida

Publix not having seasonal feast

What is going on? With job layoffs, foreclosures and all the other negative stuff going on why does Publix kick this bit of holiday cheer to the curb? They can't blame it on the bad economy because more people are eating & entertaining at home because they can no longer afford to go out. Bad move by Publix! Considering that a lot of the food samples are supplied by the vendors. Also, the possibility of employees making overtime or working more hours. Publix=Scrooge During these tough times they are being Cheap, Cheap, Cheap. Hope they get coal in their stocking!

I don't know what the big whine-athon is about. Your complaint isn't valid.

Publix has Holiday Fest every day but it has a different name now. Its called "Aprons Simple Meals" whipe away the tears and go 362 days a year to eat your free food.

#201350

:zzz just shut up

are you seriously complaining because publix isn't giving you free stuff? wow.

that is a courtesy that publix has been providing their communities with, you should be thankful they ever did it. Also, no overtime was given and most of the samples were not done by vendors but by employees.

Holiday fest was a wonderful way of showing off the products Publix sells during the holiday's...but once the Publix product line has been exposed...not much reason to continue this program..it was a very costly event and truly the last few years it was not much more than a food give-a-way...

:cry publix great

First off, to the "brilliant" individual who believes his lengthy post would ever make a "Publix Official" shiver in their boots, you're very laughable.

Secondly. Did you know our own President, Mr. Todd Jones, gave up his Christmas Bonus back to the company? Did you know the reason why we are doing .15 cent raises instead of .50 cents, is to not lay off a single employee? Publix has NOT done this, and have NO plans to.

Publix purchased 41 Albertsons stores in the state of Florida with the idea OF gutting them out completely, remodeling them, and opening them as Publix Stores. It is a VERY Smart Business decision, as Publix would never buy out 41 stores, remove the signs and place their own there, polish the floors and call it good. What kind of *** do you gotta be to even think that's not a good idea? OF COURSE PUBLIX are going to completely gut these existing structures out!

I have worked for Publix for a total of nearly 11 years, and I have enjoyed every single moment of it. I have full benefits, stock GIVEN to me, Health, Dental, Vision, LIFE insurance, and all I have to do is show up and give 100%. Sure, I have had my ups and downs along the way, and my managers never threat to terminate me from my position, they work with me on improving and doing better in the long run.

I'm just appalled that someone like you, hiding your identity for one, would come on here and badmouth such a wonderful company. I was reading your rant out loud to employees and a manager on break today, and we were laughing at you. I couldn't even finish everything that you wrote because of how idiotic it was!

Listen, if you despise Publix so much, leave, be done with it, open the door for someone else to come along and prove you were indeed expendable. You go off to your other "company" that you claim to of improved sales in, and have fun!

Also, did you guys and gals know, that ALL 55 stores in the city of Jacksonville, Florida had Holiday Fest? Facts, facts, facts. They're true, and they stand tall ;)

To various grinches(or maybe just one), I would like to address some of your issues. If my diet was relying on Publix to feed me free once a year I think I would be dead by now.

As far as not buying any of the items sampled you would be wrong.

What was missed were the High School Choir or Band that performed in previous years. The Santa strolling through the store giving good cheer. The appearance of a corporation taking time to appreciate the customer enough to organize the event.

To make it feel a little less corporate and a little more 'hometown'. BAH HUMBUG To PUBLIX

I've never been to a Publix seasonal feast but, for the exact reasons you stated regarding the economy, etc., the decision to discontinue this promotion seems to be prudent. I would prefer seeing the advertising dollars spent to feed the homeless or needy.

NONE of the products we gave out for Holiday Fest were supplied by the vendors. Why would that even make sense?

The whole point was to get people to buy more meals and holiday foods, but we probably wasted more than we even sold feeding a couple hundred people.

Did you even buy anything last year after enjoying your experience at your local Publix's Holiday Fest? Probably not, we are here to make money, we're not a freaking food bank.

Publix Officials,

This tells everyone that Publix didn’t even have the sense to go to every store to examine the stores to see exactly what was involved in reopening them. All it would take was sending 10 people to go look and make a full report on 4 stores each. Obviously this didn’t happen. So now it will cost Publix more. Since this purchaes they have halted buildng stores.

When asked why I don’t help Publix the company I work for, I mention they don’t want to hear from experience and since it doesn’t come from a manager they won’t listen anyway. Also Publix goes 100% strictly by the book when it comes to giving customers products and doesn’t listen to workers when customers want an item placed on the floor. The customer is forced to custom order the item. Most don’t want to have to order or even wait.

In the past 3 weeks the store I work at for Publix has lost 5 customers (permanently) as they can’t get what they want when their. The customers said they don’t want to have to special order or have to come back. All said they would now be shopping at Kroger’s and never return to Publix. Since they can get what they want when they walk in and not have to special order or wait.

Why does this occur? Publix goes 100% strictly by the book, hurting sales. I personally figured on just one item we couldn’t feature because it isn’t in the book, that Publix is loosing over $600,000.00 a year. I figured just 1000 stores not actual amount of stores they now have.

Publix has opportunities to lead the food store industry ahead of Kroger’s. But with a closed mind, not listening to experience, skilled and knowledgeable works, having unskilled managers, I do not see that every coming to reality. Publix can have 3000 stores yet will be behind their #1 competitor Kroger’s because of this.

View more comments (15)