Publix Thanksgiving dinner

181 of 402 Publix Reviews
Nov 25, 2011
review #277188

My husband and I decided to order our Thanksgiving dinner from Publix this year- We were under the impression all we had to do was heat and serve.Well, we got quite a surprise when we read the instructions on the turkey that said "heat" for 90-120 mins before serving.Now, to me that is not heating that is cooking!!!!

In the beginning we decided to "heat" it for less time which turned out to be a big mistake because the turkey was not done.

The whole dinner was much less than we expected!!!!!!We will never order a dinner from Publix again!!!!!

9392fd1
Had an experience with Publix?  Submit review ›
Is this your company? Learn about our business solutions
181 of 402 Publix Reviews
trollbuster

Dec 24, 2012 Tampa, Florida

I see the Publix corporate trolls are onboard, and they scraped the bottom of the barrell too to get the cheapest. The amount of time to reheat a pre-cooked turkey varies on who you purchased it from and how fresh it is, or how thoroughly it was cooked. Publix cooks enmasse and flash freezes... I have bought turkey dinners from them many a holiday, but yeah its misleading. I did the prime-rib ONLY ONCE. Big mistake. I was mad my first time to with Publix, but mostly because they lied to me about the side-dishes, which set my first pre-cooked xmas-eve dinner back hours, and I had guests. You still have to cook all the side dishes a full length of time, which is why I do my own. No point in spending the money on theirs. They say their pre-cooked turkey is fully cooked but if that was the case you could eat it cold, like any sliced deli meat... I wouldn't recommend it, though. Putting my Publix xmas eve bird in the oven now.

Penguin2011

Dec 22, 2011

Boy, you people sure are negative-I am a 66 yr old woman who never ordered a pre-cooked meal in my life so of course I didn't know what to expect-my husband bought a "fully cooked" turkey for the people at his work and he heated it for 25 mins(the same size as what we got) so yes, we thought we could heat it less-we were wrong-I thought I might be helping some unsuspecting person like myself to know what to expect if they order a "fully cooked" turkey dinner but you people obviously know everything so more power to you-I am still young enough to admit that I still have things to learn-God bless and Merry Christmas

ROFLMAO

Dec 22, 2011

If shes *** enough to f up the re-heating instructions thats why she didnt cook.

Penguin2011

Dec 21, 2011

Well, Publix certainly has some loyal customers in y'all-I have cooked turkey dinners for my family for years and am well aware of how long it takes to cook a turkey-let me ask you this if a turkey is pink inside how can you call it fully cooked-regardless of how long you have to "heat" it-FYI I have plenty of common sense and it tells me never to order another "fully cooked" meal from anywhere again

ExPublixEmployee

Dec 21, 2011

Don't blame the deli because your *** *** decided to deviate from the SIMPLE heating instructions. 1 1/2 to 2 hrs. isn't that much time anyway to heat a turkey. Besides, turkeys are pretty big for the most part, so it's gonna take some time for it to get heated all the way through. Would you rather bake it in the over for twice or thrice that amount of time? I'd hate to imagine how long your dumb *** would have cooked the turkey had it not been fully cooked already.

Confused

Nov 26, 2011

I don't understand. If the instructions on the turkey read to heat for 90 to 120 minutes, why would you heat it for less time? The turkeys are fully cooked and all you had to do was follow the heating instructions.

Common sense required

Nov 26, 2011

How do you expect to just heat a huge turkey in such a short period of time? You do realize something that size cannot just be heated for safety reasons? Oh no you didn't know thats why you thought that. Oops my mistake for thinking you had any common sense.

0 0 Reply

Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.

×
You were reading a complaint about Publix.
Filing a new complaint about
×